Active Process List entries with no name ("Ghost" Entries) - (V5.0.x) [Dupl]

Hi. I have a strange process in a process list ( see an attachment ).
Is it a normal behavior, a bug, or am i infected?

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 running under an administrator account.
CIS v 5.0…1135 FW only
Defence+ & Firewall running in a safe mode, Sandbox is disabled.

Other security software installed: Avira Antivir ( latest with all updates )

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

It is a ghost. It is safe, and we and Comodo are aware of it.
You are not being infected.

Ok, thanks.

Yes, this is a known bug when it occurs after you terminate a buffer overflow attack (see this post for details). Ghost entries are harmless and their presence does not mean that your computer security was compromised. These ghost entries are processes that have been terminated, but the entry has not been purged from the active process list in CIS. So, if you use another program to view running processes, such as Task manager, you will not see a corresponding process (because the process was terminated). The ghost entries go away after you reboot your computer.

If you find a ghost entry that was not caused by a buffer overflow attack, please post a bug report!

Thanks,
Whoop

This is now bug #251 in the mods bug tracking system.

Best wishes

Mouse

i wanted to report this bug again for the 5th time.

I would very much appreciate it if you would edit you first post and its title to put you bug report in the standard format. See here. Please see below for why.

When you have done that I will try to clarify you problem with you and then forward it to the verified issues Board.

Many thanks in anticipation for your co-operation

Mouse

WHY YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THE FORMAT AND GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if not well described. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

We would very much appreciate it if you would submit a bug report for this issue in the standard format.

Best wishes

Mouse

Hi, I was not visiting forums for some time, should I still repost a bug report?

No problem. Yes that’s fine, if you post a complete bug report, I will be happy to move to verified issues.

Many thanks

Mouse

A new topic