Activation and Update problems through Proxy server

Greetings!

I am trying to activate Comodo Antivirus Beta 1.1 through a proxy server, and to download updates, but I have been unable to successfully do either.

Configuration:

Client: Windows XP Pro, plenty of RAM, no issues.
Server: Windows 2003 Server, running FreeProxy 3.92.1624 (latest version)
Proxy Server: Basic Authentication required for proxy access.
(Proxy server and authentication working fine for all other applications)

Symptoms:
If I right click on the Comodo icon in the system tray, and click “Check for updates”, it prompts me for the http proxy authentication, I enter the username and password, and it works fine.
If I click Anti-Virus>Updater… and try to update the AV software, I can’t connect. I have tried every combination that I can think of, listed as follows:

Default http settings. (IE is default browser, proxy option set in IE.) - Error 110, problem making Internet connection.
Customize settings: I set to my server at port 8080, and enter a user and password with proxy access. - Error 404 Error connecting to proxy server. Invalid username or password. Please check your proxy configuration settings and try again.

Nothing appears in the FreeProxy logs to even indicate that the updater even reached the proxy server. On the other hand, when I try to update the Comodo launch pad (which appears to work correctly), I see the following entries in the proxy logs:

Fri 17 Nov 2006 14:49:28 : ACCESS : Instance:‘Internet’ Protocol:‘HTTP-Proxy’ Access:'Allowed ’ Client IP:‘10.0.0.24’ User:‘Adam/-’ Resource Type:‘User Authentication’ Resource:‘Authentication: FreeProxy’
Fri 17 Nov 2006 14:49:28 : ACCESS : Instance:‘Internet’ Protocol:‘HTTP-Proxy’ Access:'Allowed ’ Client IP:‘10.0.0.24’ User:‘Adam/-’ Resource Type:‘HTTP Proxy Service’ Resource:‘Service’
Fri 17 Nov 2006 14:49:28 : ACCESS : Instance:‘Internet’ Protocol:‘HTTP-Proxy’ Access:'Default ’ Client IP:‘10.0.0.24’ User:‘Adam/-’ Resource Type:‘Full URI/Path’ Resource:‘www.launchpad.comodo.com//download//clpupdate//clp_files_update.ini
Fri 17 Nov 2006 14:49:28 : ACCESS : Instance:‘Internet’ Protocol:‘HTTP-Proxy’ Access:'Default ’ Client IP:‘10.0.0.24’ User:‘Adam/-’ Resource Type:‘Path and Filename only’ Resource:‘www.launchpad.comodo.com//download//clpupdate//clp_files_update.ini
Fri 17 Nov 2006 14:49:28 : ACCESS : Instance:‘Internet’ Protocol:‘HTTP-Proxy’ Access:'Default ’ Client IP:‘10.0.0.24’ User:‘Adam/-’ Resource Type:‘Ban List IP’ Resource:‘www.launchpad.comodo.com//download//clpupdate//clp_files_update.ini

Please let me know if there is a way to get Comodo working properly behind the proxy server. I have also experienced the same problem on two other Windows 2000 machines. (The only other computers I have tested up to this point.)

Thanks in advance!

• Adam

Hi,
Dod you provide IP address of proxy server or name of server? Pls try by providing IP address, proxy port for HTTP, correct user name and ID and check wheather it reaches to you proxy server or not.

thanks

regards
Kishor

Hello,

I’ve tried both. IP-Adress and also DNS-Name for updating. I’m having the same problem. I’m getting a 404 back. btw. my proxy does HTTP-Auth. When trying without authentication I’m getting Error 701 back.
Problem is the same when using CAVS 1.1 or the 2.0.11.43.

Greetz,
Chris