Accidentally blocked an application [resolved]

Hi, all.

I’m new to the forum. Just installed Comodo Firewall yesterday. I installed it after several attempts, the last one successful, thankfully, at ridding my computer of a nasty rootkit/virus/trojan. Now, all virus, spyware and firewall scans show that I have a squeaky-clean system (as of today’s definition files, that is!)

The install went fine on my WinXP SP2 system. Then, during the “get to know you” phase, where Comodo pops up all the Windows asking what it should do, I must have accidentally hit the wrong thing.

I use PowerDesk (I prefer it to Windows Explorer). Now, when I try to do anything in PowerDesk (even something as innocuous as launching a PDF), I get this dialog box:

“Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item”.

I’m logged in with administrator privileges, so that isn’t the issue. And I know it isn’t global, because Windows Explorer will let me do any of the things I try to do in PowerDesk. I used Comodo’s “Define a new trusted application” to approve most of the executables in the PowerDesk directory, but I’m still having the problem

Short of uninstalling/reinstalling PowerDesk and/or Comodo, what else can I do?

John

Hello, johnl. Welcome to the Forums.
Have you tried to remove the Defense+ rule for PowerDesk?
This is found in Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy
Locate your program, click it and select Delete from the buttons on the right.
Apply, and exit out.
Place CIS Defense+ in Training Mode (Right click on the tray icon, select Defense+ Security Level, and selct Training Mode).
Now restart your program.
Defense+ will let the program run normally and learn how you use it to create the rules you need.
When you are finished, place Defense+ back into the security mode you previously had.
I hope this helps you.

Thanks, John. That did it.

I had inadvertently tagged PowerDesk as an “Isolated” application. It’s working well now.

I can see that I will have to get much more familiar with this application.

Thanks again.

John

I will mark this as resolved and lock this thread. If you require any further assistance with this, please do not hesitate to pm myself or any other Moderator or Admin.