AC3 5CH? [RESOLVED]

Greetings,

I downloaded a movie, and when I played it in VLC Player, the sound was in ‘AC3 5CH’. I couldn’t hear anything, because my computer probably doesn’t support AC3 5CH(codecs needed?), so now before I convert it to DVD I have some questions.

1. What is AC3 5CH?

2. Are DVD-players able to play DVD’s with AC3 5CH sound? Or will it play it in stereo instead?

Cheers,
Ragwing

What audio codec or decoder do you use? I use FFDShow Beta 3 (latest stable version) and it can play AC3 (Dolby Digital). The 5CH part must mean 5-Channel.

Oh, thanks for the answer, I only got links to torrent sites when I searched on Google, and nothing on Wikipedia.

I’m using AC '97 codec and Realtek HD codec only at the moment, so guess I’ll try FFDShow :wink:

Cheers,
Ragwing

There are so many codec packs and such out there, but I have sticked with FFDShow since as far as back as I can remember because it’s the best: can play most formats and utilizes less cpu than almost any other you can name. I did a lot of Googling to settle on it (:WIN)

Yeah, thanks for it :wink:
And I’ve read on the Internet that most of the DVD-players are able to play AC3 audio, so as mine’s about 1 year old only, I guess it’ll work.

Ragwing