About My Comodo Firewall Alarming [Resolved]

HELLO,
I HAVE A PROBLEM.I HAVE INSTALLED TRUECRYPT4.3 PROGRAM AND WHEN I CLOSE IT AND WANT TO CONNECT TO INTERNET BY DIAL-UP MODEM,MY COMODO FIREWALL(VERSION 2.4.18.184) ALARMS THAT FIREFOX BROWSER HAS BEEN CHANGED BY TRUECRYPT PROGRAM AND WANTS TO CONNECT TO INTERNET,MY FIREFOX VERSION IS 2.0.0.3 .IS THIS NORMAL??. I HAVE DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED BOTH TRUECRYPT4.3 AND FIREFOX FROM THEIR ORIGINAL SITES AND I USE AVAST ANTIVIRUS AND AD AWARE SE ANTISPY PROGRAMS.

PLEASE GUIDE ME

ALIH32 :THNK

Welcome to the forum alih32 :slight_smile:

First things first, please don’t use all capital letters, on the Internet, it’s considered shouting. We can hear you just as well without :slight_smile:

As to your question I sounds typical of CFP, and is in no way a problem. However, if you would be kind enough to post a screen shot of the prompt you receive, we can make sure.

Toggie

Dear Toggie,
i beg your pardon for using capital letters.

i enclose a screenshot of the cpf prompt.

thank you very much.
best regards.
alih32

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi alih32

Yes, this is expected & OK. CFPs alert is saying that TrueCrypt modified Explorer (which it does… it adds Context menus, etc…) and since Explorer is the parent of Firefox this may be bad. Which, it isn’t. TrueCrypt is well known & safe in this regards, its Explorer modifications are expected.

Hope that helps.

Dear Kail,

thank you very much.i think you solved my problem.

you are very kind and i wish you let me ask my future questions from you.

i am otolaryngologist surgeon in iran and i am always ready to help my friends.

aliheydari1341@yahoo.com

best regards

ali heydari

No problem ali, glad it helped.