A/V install issues comodo 3.13.12679.581

I am trying to get the A/V to work after several months of running another A/V, the program installs fine, but after reboot about 80% of my desktop icons are corrupted, the apps will not open and I am forced to do a hard shutdown and boot into safe mode to uninstall, I have removed all other security software when trying this. I had originally removed comodo A/V due to blue bsod issues that finally turned out to be faulty memory. I would love to be able to run my comodo again! Do I need to completely uninstall and reinstall or what?
Thanks for your help!

Edit by EricJH: changed all caps from the title

What do you mean with “desktop icons are corrupted”? Do you mean the icons are not available? Or are the images have funny colours? Or…?

My suggestion would be first to uninstall, reboot and run this clean up tool. Then try installing again and let us know what happens and doesn’t happen.

Also let us know what OS you are on and what other security program you have and which security program run in the background.

OK, I uninstalled Comodo, rebooted, ran the cleanup tool, rebooted and reinstalled current version. I had uninstalled Spyware Terminator with Clamwin A/V prior to the previous steps. Upon reinstallation was fine, until I downloaded the latest database and rebooted. agin the majority of my desktop icons corurupted(looked like a piece of paper with an"open" window) and the system became unresponsive.
System specs as follows: ASUS M3N78EM MOTHERBOARD, AMD 7750 BLACK SERIES PROCESSOR, 4GB DDR2 1066 PATRIOT VIPER MEMORY, 500GB MAXTOR DRIVE SET AS “C”, 500GB SEAGATE DRIVE SET AS “D”,
ONBOARD NVIDIA 8300 GRAPHICS, WIN XP SP3. No other security apps were present when reinstalling Comodo.
Thanks again

What version of the NVIDIA graphics drivers are you using? When not using the latest try updating to the latest. When using the latest can you try to install the before last?

Can you also show a screenshot of your desktop?

Nvidia drivers are current, and were part of my troubleshooting before verifying the bad ram, I’ll see if I can locate some older drivers to try, and I can’t get a screenshot because the system is totally unresponsive when in the “corrupt” state. I have to shut down via the power button, reboot into safe mode, uninstall Comodo A/V and then reboot into normal mode.

I think I’m going to uninstall Spyware Terminator again and make sure there are no references or traces of it or clamwin from the registry, as well as any other remnants that may exist and try it again.
Thanks again

Finally got it after removing all traces of spyware terminator from the registry.

Did you have the HIPS component of Spyware Terminator enabled?