a restore module

I hope i can explain this well enough to be understood… ???

I would like to see a tool that can ‘restore’ a computer from the brink of death!..what i mean is when the OS gets corrupted or an over-agressive registry cleaner deletes an important registry key or a newb uses A-squared anti-malware and deletes necessary windows elements and safe mode won’t work - this new COMODO tool comes in and ‘cures’ the OS so at least a person can back up their important files without using a slave drive or anything too technical (the average user has no idea how to set up a slave drive)…

I have no recommendation on how it should work but if there was a tool that could do this that would be awesome!!! :-TU

+1 i agree with this idea. this would be a great add-on to extend system cleaner to a full system check-up
however i recommend this be done in a full idiot proof wizard with an expert mode 8) for those more experienced.

Hi ryanman,

First of all, there are many solutions already available for performing what you are requesting.

Some of them are part of the OS you are using .
Do you know about the existence of those several features?

There are several excellent Backup solutions (free) and those extremely reliable.
If you use “simple” backups – just have your CD and reinstall the system (sure unless you got that “special” Rootkit after which you have to though away your hard drive)

If you are using full Imaging Software (again available free very reliable) – you are basically fine.

So, a lot is available already out there …
and
Comodo has few things under development already as well like Backup and Time Machine.

Please just read the forum.

... OS gets corrupted or an over-agressive registry cleaner deletes an important registry key
Please. do not use any Registry Cleaner if you don't know what you are doing. Any Registry Cleaner should be used by more experience/advanced users otherwise forget about it. That's as simple as that. There are many users that may not ever need any registry ( !ot!)
... or a newb uses A-squared anti-malware and deletes necessary windows elements
??? :o Can you please clarify, why [b]that[/b] particular Software was used as an example? Do you know any other security Software that is not capable doing the same when user has no idea what he/she is doing when blindly using quarantine or deleting anything flagged, or even more... having auto-quarantine / auto-healing option set instead of just notification? I hope you were reading about many "accidents" caused by many security Software out there and those security solutions are different to a-squared ... and they don't come even close to the detection rate of a-squared, which is the highest according to many test .. and that is very consistent for a long time

My regards

But its better to not rely on backups if there are tools that can be selected at boot time…to restore the registry…

Hi arjunpa ,

The Registry is just a “lil” part of what has to be restored.
If you want to restore jus that - use many reliable and available solutions.

The Backup itself, no matter what, was and is one of the “must do” solutions regarding security and there are different Backups.

Basically, my point was - what the original poster was requesting is already available and in addition other Tools that will do the job are under development by Comodo.

Cheers!