A Really Good Tutorial on FW Installation & Configuration is Needed!

With screen shots for novice users. The facts “n00b” setup is not usable! Click on it & see!

Michele: Welcome to the forums.

You can find information on FW activation here: How do I activate Comodo Personal Firewall? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

and on configuration here: http://www.embsolutions.com.au/cpf_rule/ (plucked from the FAQ: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,549.0.html ).

Hope this helps. If not, pls let us know how we can improve it.

Hi Paulo,
I have had the activation code ready to go for a couple weeks. Not an issue. The other links begin the dreaded circle of links… Thread after thread… I know the answers before they’re aked… Yes the Windows firewall will be turned off during installation… The FAQs tutorial that no one can see… & on & on … I’ve gone to IE to watch it again… Questions!!! Are the steps on the FAQs tutorial part of the Automatic or Manual configuration choice on the Welcome to Comodo Firewall Wizard?.. One PC do I create a zone?..

Paulo click on the links you gave me & see! The forum needs a good tutorial with screen shots on firewall installation & configuratin not just for newbies but for new users of all levels.

Paulo please take a look at the diatribe I posted in the middle of the night. In Desktop Security Products/Help “Basic Setup for Novice Questions” Nov 14, 06.

Thanks,
Michele

Michele: Yep - saw your great post and pointed some of the mods over in your direction too. Definitely looking forward to your help in helping up clean this up. :slight_smile:

Agree about the tutorial needed. I am a novice when it comes to the innards of a computer, I leave that to my baby bro’ the pc engineer. But I love the fact that Comodo protects me when I am online. I wouldn’t go anywhere else now. I am telling everyone at work to get Comodo for their home pc. Some of them even have a business, that way they may also put it on their network.
Keep up the good work.
Katysug (L) (B)