A question regarding Comodo TrustConnect

Hi guys,

I am interested in TrustConnect service, but have a few questions. Hopefully will get the answers here :slight_smile:

1. I’ve read in T&C that logs are saved on Comodo’s servers. What kind of logs are saved there? - is it usernames, passwords, etc? What’s the point of getting secure connection if all your data is stored on that servers? If it is not usernames/passwords/other sensitive info, then what kind of logs are hey?
  2. For how long that logs stored there? Obviously I am not planing to hack the web or do something illegal, but I am worrying about my security, don’t want my sensitive information to be saved somewhere. It’s always nice to know that your private information stays with you and only with you.
  3. Is it fast? I am planning to use it mainly in the UK but I do travel in Europe, so is the speed ok?
  4. Is it 100% secure for using in public hotspots? Just want to know for sure before buying it.
  5. On how many machines I can use it on the same time? I have 2 laptops, can I use 1 account on both?
  6. Is there anything else I need to know about it?

Thanks a lot guys! Appreciate the answers!

1,2 The TrustConnect logs contain only URLs which user had visited and date/time of connection.
Logs don’t contain any private data (logins/passwords for any online services, correspondence etc.)
More detailed please see here: http://www.comodo.com/repository/privacy-policy.php
3. We have two servers in USA and one in UK. The speed is very dependent on the network load. Usually - about 1-1.5 Mbit or more.
4. We use VPN protocol with 128 bit key, which is regularly changed during the session. It is quite sufficient for safe using in public hotspots.
5. You can use one account on both laptops, but not on the same time, i.e. one account can be used (connected) on only one device at the moment.
6. More detailed about TrustConnect you can read here: FAQ, Questions About Installations, Login, Proxy Server Connection| Comodo TrustConnect - Securing/Encrypting Your Wireless Network Connection

Thanks a lot for detailed answers! I just purchased the Complete pay monthly plan. TrustConnect works fine! One thing I like is that it doesn’t require any additional software to run - just a simple VPN connection! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

There is one more question I have: how to check remaining TrustConnect traffic? Thanks.

Login to your account on Comodo Account Management | Login or Create a new Account , click on TrustConnect tab (Comodo Account Management | Login or Create a new Account) and you’ll see (above the graph) your limit and remaining available traffic.

Got it! Thanks a lot :stuck_out_tongue: