A few observations...

Hi, this is my first post here… I installed CPF a few days ago, after using the Zone Alarm free for long time. I love the extra control the CPF allows me to have!
I am very satisfied with Comodo, but during this few days I encountered some strange behaviour, maybe bugs?

I noticed that sometimes after reboot or shutdown, I’m missing a great number of log entries. Does anyone have this problem? Where does the CPF keep the log files?

When I change address range in Zone, the Network Monitor rule I created for that zone is not automaticaly updated. I have to edit the rule so that the changes I just made become active.

If I adjust security level to block all trafic, Firefox and Thunderbird start to use 100% of the cpu time soon after that. I did not notice it for the other applications…

Does anyone else have these issues? Looking forward for your comments…

And finaly, I wish you all the best in the New Year! :■■■■

Hi Bubu74, welcome to the forums.

There is known problem where on some systems (not all) where if CPF is not manually closed prior to a reboot/shutdown, then the Log contents are lost. The workaround is to manually exit CPF prior to a restart/shutdown.

I think when you change a Zone rule like this, then you need to wait for its effects to filter down to all CPFs system drivers. I understand that this may take a few minutes. Edit: Cancel that. I’m not sure about this.

If you Block All, then programs that either have no time-out or a very short time-out will constantly try to connect. Under such circumstances, it is easily possible that they might consume vasts amounts of CPU, since this would be their only restriction (on constantly retrying). However, I don’t remember seeing this reported previously.

Thanks!

There is known problem where on some systems (not all) where if CPF is not manually closed prior to a reboot/shutdown, then the Log contents are lost. The workaround is to manually exit CPF prior to a restart/shutdown.
I will try that. I guess I should have searched before posting...
If you Block All, then programs that either have no time-out or a very short time-out will constantly try to connect. Under such circumstances, it is easily possible that they might consume vasts amounts of CPU, since this would be their only restriction (on constantly retrying). However, I don't remember seeing this reported previously.

It does make sense. Anyway, I don’t plan to use this option, I was just testing. If I need to block the traffic, I will disconnect.