A centralized Comodo products update manager

I don’t know if it was asked before, but I want to see a control center to get updates to the installed Comodo products (choosing the beta stream or not) and links to download and install new products :slight_smile:

Comments are welcome :slight_smile:

I like the idea of a centralized updates manager with optional download streams/sources.

ROFL - Comodo used to have a product called Launch Pad, which was sort of a control centre for all currently installed Comodo apps. It also had a panel that listed all other currently available Comodo products that were not installed on that system.

Sufficient users went into orangutang mode (on back legs waving arms frantically in the air) over it that Comodo dropped it. Within 6 months, new users started requesting a centralised control panel app.

La plus ca change, la plus sa meme. :wink: :smiley:

Why?

Orangutangs do not need a reason. They just do. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some of the reasons listed were;
resource hungry (it wasn’t)
confusing (in fairness, Comodo didn’t clearly enough delineate between what products WERE installed and what other Comdoo products COULD, IN FUTURE, be installed)
phoned home (this was how it determined what products were available)
not useful enough
didn’t like the extra tray icon
planets not in alignment :smiley:
5th Friday in this month :smiley:

IMHO, Comodo eventually just said “Good grief Charlie Brown” and put it on the back shelf.

I thought it had merit and still do, particularly in light of your idea as an centralised update manager

On-demand only please… not startup items and so on or, at least, a way to configure that.

On demand solves… The user can control what is happening and the GUI should say clearly which is installed (and monitored) and which not.

Sorry, I’m not God :slight_smile:

ROFL :smiley:

+1

:slight_smile:

Seems I’m not alone in this suggestion :wink:

-1 Unless it is a separate download all together.

I’m not an Orangutang (nice comment for a supposed moderator by the way) as Panic would put it.
Merely a user who has no need for junk on my computer.

For SURE I’m thinking in a separate and standalone program.
We don’t need another ghost google update service running :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 on the -1. Must be a separate tool and not bundled.

I'm not an Orangutang (nice comment for a supposed moderator by the way) as Panic would put it.

Sorry if you took offense - none intended. I was only trying (apparently without success) to be humourous.

Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S> “Supposed moderator”?? If you have an issue with my words or actions, please contact a moderator you have a higher opinion of, or contact Comodo directly. :frowning:

You would have to use stronger words to offend me. :wink:

P.S> "Supposed moderator"?? If you have an issue with my words or actions, please contact a moderator you have a higher opinion of, or contact Comodo directly. :(

No need for me to do that. My turn to apologise too, Perhaps I chose the wrong words there.

It was purely to suggest that as a moderator here you represent Comodo and being derogatory about users (possible customers even) who have their own opinion, however humorous you intended it. Isn’t really the way to do things.

Peace! :slight_smile: