A bug in Network Security Policy rules?

I think i found a bug, or do i miss something now?

When i go to the Firewall → Advanced → Network Security Policy → Global Rules:

Then i’m adding a new rule like:

Allow
TCP
In
Name: Something
Destination port: 8877

Ok, this goes fine, but then i’m trying to add another rule like:

Allow
TCP
In
Name:Something else
Destination Port: 7788

and this is where Comodo says that i already have a rule with such parameters! But those rules are clearly different?
Ok, i propably could solve this by making a “set of ports” containing these two ports and then make a rule…but if this is a bug, i wanted to let you know.

Can you try changing the name of the second rule from “Something else” to “Something_else” and let us know if this changes anything.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Yeah, i tried and no effect. Also tried other names and slightly different rules, and it says also same thing (“rule with such parameters already exists”) with rules:

Allow
TCP/UDP
In
“Something_else”
Source Port: 7788

and

Allow
TCP
In
“Something_else”
Source Port: 8877
(which has same parameters as the first rule, except name so this is obvious)

But it allows me to add rules:

Allow
TCP
In/Out
“Something_else”
Source Port: 7788

and

Allow
TCP
In/Out
“Something_else”
Source Port: 8877

This is weird.

Ok, guys, i have the same problem but i discovered something more. When I try to add rule, it adds very nice, without any problems, but if I want to rename it to another name (description) nothing happens. So I have to remove old one and to create new, but check the spelling very well :slight_smile: The rest of the settings are clearly updated, but description is always the same!

The next bug is like MiguelT’s one but I find some more instructions. If you delete a rule from your application rule list and create a new one with the same rules, firewall says that I have one that is exactly the same. I think this is maybe not a bug, cause all rules are updated only when i press the lastest ‘apply’ button. But i think you should update application rules when edit process of current application rule is over.

And one more thing please. Why can’t you add a function that may import and export some rules?! for example in xml format. It would be very great, because many people have to reinstall windows many times a year and they need to refill their rules. To say true i find it very difficult to reenter some big rules, when the firewall has updated and my previous list of rules is not acceptable in new version, because I saved my rules in older version :frowning:

My configuration is:
windows xp sp3
comodo firewall 3.0.25.378_x32
.net runtimes 1.1+2.0 with sp1