64 bit version

I downloaded CIS from the web page and then installed it. After a restart it totally ■■■■■■■ up my laptop. When I downloaded it I was not given a choice of version, but I now find there is a 64 bit version which I don’t have.

Why does the website let you download a version that damages your computer?

I don’t know how to remove CIS from my computer - it won’t stay alive long enough to get into the Windows uninstall and unisntall doesn’t work in safe mode.

HELP.

I don’t know what’s going on with your laptop, and I’ve never tried to run a 32-bit version of Comodo on a computer w/ a 64-bit OS, but normally 32 bit software works fine on 64 bit OS’s. I suspect something else is at play here.
You should be able to boot into safe mode to remove it.

There’s a few articles permanently “sticky” posted here that should help:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-faq-cis-b141.0/

The installer for CIS detects if the OS is 32 or 64 bit and installs the correct version of CIS.

The default installer holds both 32 and 64 bits installer. If you look a bit further you may find separate downloads for 32 bits and 64 bits installers. I don’t expect the 32 bits installer to install on a 64 bit system.

Please follow Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron. It will help to uninstall in Safe Mode using a clean up tool.

Please make sure to not skip the point about removing left overs of previously installed security programs.