64-bit Dragon clients

On the topic “why not supporting 64bit for both dragon and ice dragon?” from 2012 a moderator replyed: “Because the source code would need to support 64bit first. Neither of the browsers Dragon and IceDragon are based on have 64bit Windows versions yet.”
But there are several 64-bit chromium clients. So it’s not thrue that there is no 64-bit sourcecode.
And thats also the case with Firefox. The Nightly built is one of them!

So, dear Comodo, please, please, please, please, do your best and develop 64 bit browsers.

There are? There are for Linux, but I guess you are talking about Windows, right? :slight_smile:

Chromium 64-bit for Windows is available and usable: https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-continuous/index.html?path=Win_x64/

However, there are still blocking issues¹ that need to be fixed before Chrome, Dragon and other Chromium-derivatives can be based upon the 64-bit code.

¹ 8606 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail

Yes, I’m talking about Windows. And yes, a 64-bit Chromium clients does exist.
See http://chromium.woolyss.com.
It may have issues, but if Comodo waits for a bug free version, they’ll have a lot of catching up to do.

I didn’t say Chromium 64-bit doesn’t exist (I even posted a link to it). But no vendor has released an official, stable browser based upon Chromium 64-bit. :wink:

Software is never free of bugs, but I deem it wise to wait until Chromium-developers consider Chromium 64-bit stable enough to base Chrome upon it. It seems we are getting close to that level of stability now. Then the 64-bit code will of course have a long way to go, beginning with Chrome Canary, then Dev, Beta and finally Stable. I don’t expect 64-bit builds of Dragon until a (couple of) stable version(s) of Chrome 64-bit has/have been released. :slight_smile:

Chrome (Dev, Canary) 64-bit for Windows is now available: Try out the new 64-bit Windows Canary and Dev channels.

So maybe there will soon be a Dragon 64-bit. :wink:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know that. Chrome for 64-bit did exist for some time but no official announcement was made.
Quite an interesting subject.

Thanks again.