6.2.282872 32 bit v. 64 bit ?

Just to satisfy my curiosity I uninstalled CFW then did a clean install of CFW 64 bit version.
Then I uninstalled the 64 bit and installed the 32 bit version.

The 64 bit seemed to hang whereas the 32 bit runs fine.
The 64 bit couldn’t verify the connection whereas the 32 bit could.
The installation of the 32 bit was smoother and faster than the 64 bit.
Obviously the 32 bit version takes up less HDD space too.

Any reason for the differences? ???

My OS: Win7x64 Home Premium.

Comodo Firewall - Download :slight_smile:

Actually shouldn’t this go in the “bugs” section? ???

Bump. ???

If you’re running a 64 bit system you should not install the 32 bit version. It’s not really built for the system.

As for the problem you had with the 64 bit version, could you please try reinstalling by following the advice I give in this topic and see if the issue returns.

Thanks.

I downloaded CFW from this forum. It does not differentiate between the 32 bit and 64 bit.
CFW is up and running now and I don’t want to fix something that is working. It’s working fine.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. :slight_smile:

What needs to be fixed is the 64 bit version since it seems to be broke.

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe

edit: I was wrong. I downloaded the 32 bit version (x86) from softpedia.com my bad. :embarassed:

This installer holds both the 32 and 64 bits version and should install the proper version for your platform.

Thanks! That is the one I first used. Then I got curious.
Is there any reason softpedia.com has two versions when one will do? ???

The size. The combined installer is 141 MB in size. The installers for the 32 and 64 bits versions are significantly smaller. Not all users have speedy connections. I am on a fiber optic connection so I am not bothered by big sizes but many other will be bothered.

Thanks! Everything is good to go. 8)

145 MB isn’t really that big unless you are unfortunate to be on dial-up.

The only other issue I have is when any webpage loads CFW causes massive CPU usage. ???

The high cpu usage is more probably caused by your anti-virus.

Nope! Wrong! I uninstalled CFW then installed Private Firewall. Private Firewall uses 25% to 50% less CPU when loading webpages. And webpages load faster with PFW. HDD space CFW 10.7 MB PFW 2.87 MB. There are no lags with PFW. Lots of lags.With CFW. I was getting “crash dumps” with CFW. No crash dumps with PFW.

Too many bugs with CFW v6.2.28287. Are you positive this was ready for release? ???

Please make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Does the problem persist after having removed possible left overs?

I always use the proper uninstallers then use CCleaner to clean the registry. 8)