430+ infections blocked and counting

In hindsight would have screenshots
but I assure you my 7yr old, I imagine most can install that many and a lot more besides
I only had to show her the one time how to download a program then install it (click yes) the same with my smartphone, the young and technology go hand in hand

I’m quite happy that with parental controls set strict that the kids sites she visits obviously aren’t safe for the computer, they are suitable for her

yes, ok … but sorry, without pctures and proves its not reliable and meaningful for me.

par excample, now all clap and say wow, indeed, perfect, thats it! CIS is perfect. no one is critically and ask about it. Its the same if i would say i had tested CIS against KIS, i was wondered, Cis found nothing, Kaspersky found all. :wink: … then all would say " oh no, that can not be, give us a prove" “without prove we cant believe” “thats a lie” and so on and so on :wink:

u can understand me? :slight_smile:

Ur test is really interesting and i like it that u want share it with us, but please, for future, make some pictures. And the second, who knows ur laptop was not infected right now. Maybe u dont know it.

if i would say i had tested CIS against KIS, i was wondered, Cis found nothing, Kaspersky found all. :wink:
Once that will happen you’ll be able to say (:LGH)

yes, ok ... but sorry, without pctures and proves its not reliable and meaningful for me.

par excample, now all clap and say wow, indeed, perfect, thats it! CIS is perfect. no one is critically and ask about it. Its the same if i would say i had tested CIS against KIS, i was wondered, Cis found nothing, Kaspersky found all. :wink: … then all would say " oh no, that can not be, give us a prove" “without prove we cant believe” “thats a lie” and so on and so on :wink:

u can understand me? :slight_smile:

Ur test is really interesting and i like it that u want share it with us, but please, for future, make some pictures. And the second, who knows ur laptop was not infected right now. Maybe u dont know it.

I have since then turned off the UAC and given her back the laptop, I plan on checking again in a week or so. I will of course then post screens and have a more detailed report.
I agree first post was a little lacking as I posted on a whim, I was quite amazed at the numbers in the log.
As this is a fresh install 4/5 days and I have visited very few sites under very strict conditions ie fully virtual browser with no scripts allowed to run and installed only signed software from official vendors I’m 99.99999% certain this machine is clean.

Hi treefrogs,
I understand what ‘M.Richter’ is saying even though we have no reason to doubt your findings, images would remove any possible doubt at all. :wink:

[at]treefrogs and [at]captainsticks

thank you for your understanding :slight_smile:

EDIT::

thats it what makes me critically always. Why? Why now we have no reason to doubt this findings? But in other topics, where users find weaks of the CIS software there we are doubt and want a PoC and files and so on and so on. :slight_smile:

Hi treefrogs, I understand what 'M.Richter' is saying even though we have no reason to doubt your findings, images would remove any possible doubt at all.

Hi
Totally agree
I’m looking forward to seeing what happens
I will update with screens soon
Thanks

Its a story. From teh internet. Its not an advertising.
Maybe it wasnt even a virus.
:smiley:

O_o
lol what? Sorry clockwork and with all my respect to you, but that is to easy for me!

Cause without prove it can be possible that it is wrong, that it is misinformation. We should handle the “good news” critically like the “bad news” if we have no prove.

We have a topic full of more systematic tests called CIS Certifications, Test Results & Reviews where your type of critical approach will be much more suited.

This topic is about a less structured test but with results worth noticing. Your critical approach may backfire in the context of this topic as it goes beyound of it.

I do agree with you, at least to an extent. It would be nice to have proof that these ‘infections’ blocked are actual malware and not false positives. Although I would think it unlikely with numbers that high I think it’s always good to be cautions, especially since people have started to treat this as a test and not just interesting information.

maybe u r right, but the truth is, we dont know that the results are worth noticing, cause we have no prove!

sorry, but your blind trust may backfire too. :frowning:

This was always really just an observation, more a informal test of the configuration…
I realized almost immediately after posting I had nothing to “back” this up and would be called to do so, I’m sorry I deleted the log and cannot verify what happened.

If nothing else I feel the config or parts of it can help others using CIS6

Thanks TF

yes, i am sorry for u too. Maybe u only meant it good! But what is now? If u look on Facebook, Comodo spreads ur test! Many many people read this! MAybe many many people trust this! But they trust it without a prove! And without a prove, right now, maybe comodo spreads misinformations on facebook.

I would advise you and anyone else with the inclination to use the same configuration (I do have that in as much detail as you require) and try and bypass the protection.
simple
If you can infect a machine you’ll have your proof

Just shows how sick this world is that you need protection to visit sites designed for kids. -_-’ Sad, sad world. I should post the meme “I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.” It is good that you have a product like Comodo Internet Security to protect your daughter.

Good job Comodo! ;D

You just proved my point… :wink:

sorry, but your blind trust may backfire too. :-(
This topic, unlike [url=https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-certifications-test-results-reviews-t61263.0.html]the other one[/url] mentioned, is not according to your systematic standards. This is a forum where not all topics necessarily meet certain systematic standards but there are plenty that do in which you could engage in. There is room and space for many sorts of conversations.

I am choosing to ignore your below the belt remark for now. If I were in a bad mood I could call your contributions to this topic a topic hijack. Riding in on a high horse as self proclaimed keeper of standards demanding that certain standards should be met while calling names does tend to reflect poorly…

Oh my, is CIS that bad? Please start another topic with your feedback.

I already pointed to another topic where the Facebook people can find many more results from more structured tests.

i wanted not hijack this topic, only give my opinion to this, thats all and i think all was said. :slight_smile:

Now we can come back to the topic and be happy with treefrog that CIS works so well in this case :slight_smile:

EDIT:

I am choosing to ignore your below the belt remark for now

Hey Eric, if u think my remark was meant in a way like under your belt yes, then i am sorry, i try always to stay respectfully and u can be sure i want and would not choose a way like u thought (below the belt). I just try to describe my opinions with my poor English knowledge.

I think this is a great example of testing out CIS. Thanks for sharing it.