4.27.001 - Anyone having problems?

I was wondering whether anyone is having problems with version 4.27.001

You and me both, but I’m guessing not or there would be more posts about it. I’m sticking with my current version until I see or hear some compelling reason to upgrade. It doesn’t look like a very substantial upgrade anyway.

By the way, ever notice that there is no way to determine BOClean version number in the GUI?

Hi Guys,

I may say that I am not experiencing any problems yet.
At least there are no “visible” problems here :slight_smile:

Moreover, it looks like one major problem was gone:
It seems like Miro player does not crash BOClean anymore.
I am not sure whether it is coincidental or it was addressed by Kevin.
This deserve the separate thread though.

Cheers
P.S. when and if there are problems I will shout, believe me (:KWL)

Yeah, I don’t have problems also.

The purpose of this upgrade was to fix bugs. The next substantial upgrade with be version 5.00.

An easy way to find out BOCleans version number is to place the mouse cursor on the traybar icon :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Yeah, but how did they get the .001 number?

If I am right that is added to the official releases so there is a difference with the internal Beta releases.

Greetz, Red.

Good to know, thanks.

I was close :slight_smile: 4.27.001 simply means it is the “first public release” of version 4.27 :slight_smile:

See this post from Kevin :

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware/boclean_424_v2-t9478.0.html;msg68445#msg68445

Greetz, Red.

oh ok, thanks.

I wonder if 4.27 fixes the “Missing module!” error message that we posted about a few months ago… it was happening during updating. https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_boclean_antimalware/error_message_missing_module-t22731.0.html;msg159350#msg159350

[b]"Missing module!

Can’t find BOC4UPD.EXE to perform autoupdate.

On VISTA, this error means that you need to permit the ‘Updater’ through the Windows firewall settings because the ‘updater’ is being BLOCKED!"[/b]

Thanks for the helpful replies, Red! :slight_smile: I still think it would be better for users if we could find our version number in a more familiar fashion, like via Help\About. Nothing intuitive about the present process.

[attachment deleted by admin]

fracTure :slight_smile:

I don’t know the answer on your first question/comment, that is something for Kevin to answer. But I agree with you that BOCleans version number listed in the UI ( as it was in older versions before Comodo ) would be easier for the users :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

I remember that. The version number used to stick out awkwardly on the upper right side of the UI. If a user re-sized the UI the version number disappeared.

The only problem I’ve had with either 4.26 or 4.27 is that in that in the administration acct used for the BoClean install, both 4.26 & 4.27 completely stall & the initial BoClean scan screen go blank when trying to scan KAV (KAV PU says BoClean scan was blocked by its self-defense), & you have to shut down & reopen BoClean. This happens only in the initial scan, and not in any subsequent scans (if you close BoClean & then reopen it). Once you put KAV in the program excluder, BoC continues it’s initial scan with no problems. Strange that it only happens in one administrator’s account though.

As for the version number 4.27.001 which I mentioned in the thread title:

I am sorry in case I caused confusion !

There is a way to get the version number.
Click on the properties tab of BOC427.EXE

Alas, I run the Dutch version of Windows (XP) and I don’t know what the exact wording is for English versions.

I hope that I will be able to show a picture of it (in Dutch) for version 4.26.001

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=201703

Yes you are quite correct. Thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have a problem. I’ve noticed that for a dual boot setup (Vista and XP), once I install it on XP (E: ) after it has been installed on Vista (C: ), the XP installer deletes the BOClean.dll from the Vista partition’s BOClean program folder. I’m not sure if any other files are getting deleted as well. And of course, this deletion disables BOClean. As such, I’ll only be able to use BOC on one OS, and perhaps Threatfire on the other. I don’t like that Threatfire disables certain functionality without warning (like installing certain Firefox extensions), so I can only hope to replace it with a multiboot capable BOC release in the near future, or that Threatfire does away with its “do instead of warn or provide options” approach in a future release.

Since I started this thread, I thought that I needed to reply too :wink:

(XP SP3, Dutch, IE6; Pentium 4, 3.0 Ghz, 512 MB RAM)

About a week ago, when I came home at the end of the weekend, I saw that 4.27 was released.
I quickly installed the new version (wanting to know how it was).
It completely locked my system, and I had no other option than to put back a backup-image.
In fact I was surprised that it locked my system because (as far as I remember) that never happened and I had already running the test version 4.26 which Kevin released a few weeks ago.

I didn’t have the time to try it again.

A day or two ago I installed it again, and now I had more time to do it instead of doing it in a rush.

The new version is now doing OK. Somehow I must have made an error when I installed it the first time in a rush.

I think that I noticed that the initial scan after reboot takes a few seconds more, but it could be that that is only my imagination.

Thanks Kevin and crew !

An additional note:

In case you had for version 4.26 mutually excluded some apps in BOClean and BOClean itself in one or more of your other security apps, don’t forget to check whether you need to make the appropriate changes for BOClean 4.27.

Totally and completely scares the ■■■■ out of me! BOClean locking up a system? What a nightmare. I would do like you did and make sure I had a fresh disk image handy for a system recovery.

So this brings up the question, what process must we follow to upgrade to 4.27? I forget. Close down BOClean then uninstall the exisiting version?

It’s been awhile since I upgraded, and most of us have more than a few security applications, most of which have specific installation requirements. Anyone remember the rather intricate instructions Kevin used to issue for BOClean installs? Drag and drop something into something else, and so on.

I think that whenever new version updates are posted in a forum, the upgrade instructions should be posted alongside.