"354 go ahead" error - Can't send e-mail

Here is the support ticket i submitted regarding this issue. (Pasted below)

So far i have found that this mainly happens on machines running XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2002 SP3. On machines running Outlook 2003 i have never seen this problem.

Comodo causing “354 go ahead” errors. I am currently using CAVS_Setup_Beta_2.0.15.51.exe with Outlook 2002 SP3. When trying to send e-mails i frequently get a cannot send “354 go ahead” error. And the message just sits in my outbox. When i disable the e-mail scanning portion of CAV everything works fine. I have not been able to find anything in your KB or forums related to “354 go ahead” errors as of yet.”

Here is what our mail server is sending back to us because of the delay.

"[i]From: System Administrator
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:07 AM
To: ‘Matt’
Subject: Undeliverable: testing

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:  FW: testing 
  Sent:     7/12/2007 11:07 AM 

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'Matt' on 7/12/2007 11:07 AM 
        354 go ahead  [/i] 

"

Thanks for your help.

Matt

(:SAD)

And i was just informed that since it is still officially a beta product they do not support it. Not like i can complain for a free product, but still stinks. So any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone heard any rumors when the release candidate might be out?
:THNK

I know they’re deep in the trenches working on the next release; I don’t know a timeline though. Wish I did.

I also do not know if it will address the existent Outlook issues; I hope it will.

I do know that there are issues with Outlook; most notably with Outlook & Exchange Server, but I believe they extend to Outlook even without Exchange Server.

Also at present, CAVS does not support email scanning on any ports other than the standard 25, 110 for POP3 & SMTP.

I’ve not seen the 354 error before, either. At least, not as far as my limited memory goes… :wink:

I know that doesn’t help, but at least you’ll know that someone read the post, and is aware there are problems. I know that the dev team is aware there are Outlook issues as well, so I’m sure that is something they’re working on.

LM

Try turning off the mass mailer feature - it appears to be the culprit. Outgoing scan does slow the process down but the mass mailer seems to produce the error message although I believe the message is still delivered. (:NRD)