33.1.0.0 Arrow keys not working in flash games [Solved]

Title says it all…maybe not CD’s fault? But since the update, arrow keys don’t work in flash games. :frowning:
Mod edit: Added solved to the topic title, Captainsticks.

Actually, scratch that. NO keys are working in flash games.

Hi otto321,
There have been some other issues with Dragon/Flash since V33, Pepperflash may also help this issue.

Hello,

Please try using pepperflash if you are not using it already. Make sure to disable the Adobe Flash version in “about://plugins” as well, so there won’t be conflicts between the two versions.
If changing the Flash Player version does not solve the issue, please fill in a complete bug report as indicated in this thread.

Regards.

Is there a better tutorial for adding pepperflash to dragon? I can not get it to work.

Edit: also, my mouse just stopped working in flash games.

Hi otto321,
The simplest method is just to install Google Chrome in its default location and Dragon V33.1 then automatically finds PepperFlash, or a copy of the PepperFlash folder along with the contents is obtained and placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Dragon folder.
I do recommend going to dragon://plugins and disabling the NPAPI version of Flash if it is installed.
Note: Expand the plugin details to see the information for both versions.

Kind regards.

Ok, just drag the pepperflash folder to the dragon directory. That’s all I really needed to know. What’s with the “change target path” on the desktop shortcut then?

Anyhow, pepperflash now appears in my plugins(2 files). I disabled NPAPI, tried with enabled NPAPI but arrow keys are still NOT working. It’s really annoying when I play 8-ball pool in miniclip and I can’t set the spin on the cue ball with arrow keys anymore…

It’s like the arrow keys no longer lock into the flash game, instead up and down arrow keys just move the whole page up and down…

Hi otto321,
The command line switch added to the target field of the shortcut is no longer required with the release of V31.1.

Anyhow, pepperflash now appears in my plugins(2 files). I disabled NPAPI, tried with enabled NPAPI but arrow keys are still NOT working. It's really annoying when I play 8-ball pool in miniclip and I can't set the spin on the cue ball with arrow keys anymore...

It’s like the arrow keys no longer lock into the flash game, instead up and down arrow keys just move the whole page up and down…

I am not sure what I am missing here, I just tried the mentioned game as a guest and it appears all actions are done with the mouse by default.
Sorry I am probably missing something.
Does the game perform as expected with other browsers?

Thanks.

Yes it works without issue in Firefox. I used 8-ball pool as an example. The arrow keys can control the ball spin, it’s in the instructions.

But keys in general seem to not work in any flash game…I checkd and disabled any extensions I thought may be interfering but it has only been since the 33.1 update.

Actually it WAS an extension that was causing it.

It was the Smoothscroll extension for the touchpad you recommended in the help forum.

I disabled it then restarted the browser and no more issue. But the touchpad scroll for CD really sucks…

Hi otto321,
Good to hear that you solved the arrow key issue and I apologise for causing the issue with my extension recommendation.

In regards to the touchpad scroll performing less than ideal, all I can suggest is experimenting with different extensions (Maybe one will work as intended without causing other issues).
I know, look where that suggestion got me last time. :wink:

Thanks for letting us know the cause of the issue.

“Chromium wheel smooth scroller” extension works better than the smoothscroll and isn’t interfering with flash so far. Thanks, and sorry for the mix up. And delete the thread if you want

No sorry required.
It contains good to know information which may in fact help others experiencing similar issues. :-TU

Thanks.