3 possible improvements of Comodo Firewall

Hello everyone,
i am currently using COMODO Firewall Pro 2.4.18.184 over 2 weeks
i found that it is a amazing firewall with tones of feature that usually only available in purchased firewall

Here is the 3 little improvement that i can think of

1. Security → Tasks → Wizards → Scan for known applications
    Would it be great if the firewall allows user to select the scanning folder/drive ,not only C:

2. Security → Network Monitor → Network Control Rules
    I think it would be better that user can type a name for each rule
    i always mess up the rules that i have entered b4

3. CPU usage problem
    i understand that software firewall with many features is usually a CPU killer
    I am using P4 1.8GA CPU and it is a old CPU
    I have already turned off the log for the Network Monitor
    but it is still using at least 20% of my CPU (spike can be 100% for 10sec…)
    can anyone suggest a method to reduce the CPU usage ?

Sorry for my poor english (:TNG)

CPF Wishlist - https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcomments/comodo_firewall_wishlist_v5-t6883.0.html

CPU usage will be better and lower in v3.0

It already is in the alpha version according to users.

Hey all,

I am a brand-new user – just installed yesterday 07/19/2007. Firewall itself seems to be humming along nicely with no problems as of yet. One thing that is glaringly obvious is that the user interface IS NOT friendly to the vision impaired. Two major issues:

1. Light blue buttons with white text. Nearly impossible to read the text. If current interface cannot be “skinned” perhaps a high contrast version could be made available.

2. Text size. Particularly in the alert Windows. Even with 12x magnification is very difficult to read. Text size in the “details” pane is unreadable at all.

I realize that my case may be extreme – I have macular degeneration due to complications of diabetes – HOWEVER, people with normal vision have told me that it’s hard for them to read the text in the details pane so for me, it’s virtually useless.

I’m sure I must not be the only one having difficulties with these two issues. It’s also nice to know that you have provided a place in your forums to voice concerns such as mine. :■■■■ :■■■■

George a.k.a. SpotCheckBilly

Hi George, welcome to the forum.

CF v3 will have a skin system. As for the small text, I know users with good vision have problems as well.