3.5.54375.427 Update

Hi,

After installing the latest update, a message popped up and notified me that the update will take affect only after a reboot. I could choose if I want to reboot now or reboot later. So far so good.

But, when I chose later - it seems like the firewall froze and closed itself.

Afterwards, I had to reboot immidietly to prevent any security risks, and everything was fine.

If this is a bug report you’ll have to provide more detailed info!

LA

ps. wecome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thanks.

OK. Here’s the extra info:

1. CPU - AMD, 64 bit
  2. Windows XP, SP 2
  3. AVG Anti-Virus Free
  4. Firewall security level - safe mode
    Defence+ security level - disabled
  5. Using an admin account.

Let me know if you need any extra info. :wink:

Thanks.

I also wonder, did you upgrade from CFP 3 or the earlier CIS?

LA

Not sure what’s the difference.
I was using Comodo Firewall 3.5.X

I see. I asked because there were two options: either you had CF 3.5.53896.424 (from the CIS installer) released 2008-10-23, or you had CFP 3.0.25.378 released 2008-05-30. In the first case, updating should be fine, in the second case, update wouldn’t work. If the first case apply to you, I guess you’ve encountered some kind of bug. If you can’t get it to work, I suppose a fresh installation of CF from CIS 3.5.54375.427 would be a solution.

I hope I didn’t confuse you. :wink:

LA

Ok. Now I’m even more confused. :slight_smile:

If CIS was released a week ago then I had the CFP version.

I searched for the installation file, and found it to be ‘CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x32.exe’.

So apparently, the update was not suppose to work.

But now, when I go to Misc —> About and look at the version number, it’s seems to be:

OK, sorry about that. :slight_smile:

If you actually have 3.5.54375.427 now, you do have the latest, and it should also be labeled as “Comodo Firewall” instead of “Comodo Firewall Pro”.

LA

Too late.
Already re-installed :-/

Oh well…