3.0 Latest version of CFP

To Melih and the Comodo staff. I am using the latest 3.0.13.268. I use XP, SP2. Everything is working just great on my system. I want to thank you Melih and the staff for a truly great, and free product for those of us that want to have the best protection available paid for or free. Thanks again, I appreciate you and the product. :slight_smile:

After being advised by Comodo support to install CPF version 3.0, I have installed it this morning and it seems to be working fine so far. Installation was clean and fast, with a new and nice interface. I just have two questions:

1. What is the difference between the 32 and 64 bits versions?
  2. It was not clear to me what should I expect from the Defense+ Security Level, and I´ll appreciate if somebody explains that to me.
    Tks.

Thank you Neal63. we really appreciate the feedback. :slight_smile:

(CLY)

Melih

1. 32 bit versions are for 32 bit versions of Windows and the 64 bit versions are for the 64 bit versions of Windows. If you have a 32 bit version of Windows then you need to install the 32 bit version of CFP3. The same goes for the 64 bit version of CFP3 and Windows 64 bit OS.

2. A better explanation than I can give is in the help files of the firewall. After opening the main GUI window choose Misc at the top right and then Help down on the right side. This will open the help files window and choose the Contents tab and under it you will see “Defense+ Task Center”. This should give you all of the info you need for Defense+ and how it operates.

jasper

I also installed comodo 3 this morning (1 hr ago, yaa for my timezoneti’s morning).
It was really interesting to see that comodo will check application’s usage of even monitor, keyboard and similar things. Looks like Defence+ should work out great for everyone.

i agree! its a great program :â– â– â– â– 

Hi,
Like the program very much…but!
I get these 2 error message on startup:

error 0x0 : failed for C:\documents and settings****\application data\comodo\firewall pro\data\res files\firewallsumery.ico

error: error while extracting resorces from C:\program files\comodo\firewall\cfpres.dll

Firewall does not open but will open if done manually afterwards. Diagnostic check says all is well.

Regards,
Oz

Please refrain from double posting. There is a thread on this subject here

Al