3.0.25.378 Incorrectly Identifies Applications, Resulting in Wrong Rules [Merged]

Seriously it’s avast? I don’t have avast, I have Symantec Corporate 10.2 and NOD32. It’s a very rare occurrence(had two in 6 months) but sometimes what happens after disabling and enabling the firewall a few times I get completly off queries. For example Firefox opens and I get a query to allow a completly different exe which was already allowed. Obviously even if I confirm the app will not connect. If closed and ran again it might or might not work. The most obvious case was a week ago when I was running LiveUpdate and it asked me to allow an installer package COMPLETLY unreated that I had run half an hour ago. The problem persists until the GUI is shutdown and re-launched.

Some processes:

AVG (antivirussoftware from grisoft)
Spampal
Intel raid manager
nvidia controls
miranda
sound effects manager
sandboxie

How to identify when software is conflicting? If you say its visible in process explorer please provide some more info on how we can check? Still I don’t really understand what is the conflict there.

Thanks for the reply though :slight_smile:

This bug should be fixed in CIS RC2.
You could install (with or without AV) this version and see if it works ?

Won’t there be a separate fix release for the standalone firewall too?

As far as i understood there is no “standalone” version, the “new” firewall is part of CIS where you can decide not to install the AV part so you will have CFP 3.5.x

So there WERE new CFP releases after 3.25 but they were all part of the CIS? I didn’t know.

Well yes and no, they where Beta and RC until the final release now for 3.5.x
So latest CFP is inside CIS :slight_smile: