.273 version still allows outgoing connections

I don’t know what else to try. V3 allows most outgoing connections without let me know.

I have cleared all predefined rules, a set the max alert level, still nothing. Some applications are blocked asking me what to do (ex: Skype), but some are not (ex: FTP applications).

Any suggestions ? Having outgoing traffic open, makes me more nervous than incoming threats.

Thanks

Hi,

“Alert Frequency Level” is different from “Firewall Security Level”. Which one did you set at max?

No matter the setting for the first, if the second is still at the default “train with safe mode”, CFP will allow and remember for programs within a safelist. Please note that this is not having outgoing traffic open, all programs in that database are trustworthy and this setting is perfectly safe (unless any of those programs is exploited of course). As it’s likely happening to you with Skype, you’ll still get alerts for programs unknown to CFP.

If you still want to be asked about everything, switching from “train with safe mode” to “custom policy mode” should do the trick. As for the “alert frequency level”, you don’t need it at max unless you want tons of popups for every port and IP for a single program.

Thanks for the reply.

When installing v3 i have selected to:

Let ME answer the firewall alerts.

Doesn’t that mean that I should allow or deny ? If not, then the installation interface is not good, since i consider myself an experienced user.

Also, because that failed, i have set to use Custom Policy Mode and the Defence+ disabled.

Still outgoing connections are allowed, WITHOUT asking me. As for the safe appls, i would very much like to select them myself as i do in Comodo v.2.4.

Thanks anyway !!!

Also, because that failed, i have set to use Custom Policy Mode and the Defence+ disabled.

Still outgoing connections are allowed, WITHOUT asking me. As for the safe apps, i would very much like to select them myself as i do in Comodo v.2.4

If you’re in the Custom Policy Mode and the applications are allowed to create outbound connections without asking, then the Application Rules automatically created by Comodo in Train with Safe Mode are probably still in place. Go to Firewall - Advanced - Network Security Policy - Application Rules to see if they are.

Yes please do that if you haven’t. And, are you using a proxy?

Actually there ARE rules in there ! Who put them there, i sure didn’t. I removed them and now it seems to work as expected.

Still, since i think this should change, and become as in 2.4. Why are applications considerated safe and are allowed to make outgoing connections since the user haven’t selected to be so ?

Thanks for the help !

No, i’m not using a proxy. And i did the above and solved the problem.

BUT, this is wrong. Why intially those rules are present ?

Thanks !

Costas

Okay everything is working fine then, I assumed you had already looked there. The default setting for the firewall is “train with safe”, which as I said allows and remembers (that is creates matching rules) for programs within Comodo’s safelist. You can change this at any time, and even during installation you’re asked if you want to install at default train with safe mode or at another custom one. Please understand that most users will welcome the decrease in popups, and power users can install CFP with a setting other than the default one (specially for the network firewall, however I’d avdise caution for tightening Defense+ level); and that the default setting is completely safe at the same time as low on popups. The only problem was that you overlooked the firewall security level setting during installation and left it at an undesired default one.

Well actually i’m not sure everything is working fine.

Just fired WEBCeo application, did some updates, searches and Comodo v3 didn’t produced a single warning, popup or asked me anything.

I guess this should not happen ?

Not sure, you’ll have to post screenshots of your rules for someone to investigate further.