2 D+ bugs

Running on vista sp1 - Clean install after uninstalling previous version -

D+ is blocking memory access to cfp.exe from taskeng.exe and dwm.exe → new line on the log every 10sec …

I’m not sure this is a bug, this is by design to let you see something is “attacking” CIS.

I agree that the logging intensity is a bit on the high side, it should log it once for the “duration” of the process life like it also caches other “answers”.

Try this:
Solution:
Memory sharing issue.
Select Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select it, select Edit/Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify/Add/Running processes.
Scroll down to locate the application. Click it and click “Select”.
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

Thanks John, this worked :slight_smile: . The constant logging was driving me crazy!

did the trick for me too, thanks

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I am also grateful,
thanks

cool ! thx :BNC maybe check this for next update … :THNK

Now that I stopped the dwm and taskeng logging, how do I clear the list.

Ken

Actually I didn’t stop the dwm and taskeng logging. When I follow the above instructions and go back to check the add list, it is now cleared and no items are in the protection settings interactive memory processes. They disappeared.

Do I leave the interactive memory processes active column checked yes or no.

I can only disable logging at this point and still would like to know how to clear the blocked log list.

I uninstalled 3.5 because of minor issues, hoped 3.8 would be better.

Ken

Hello Ken,

You can rebuild it like this:
Add the group “Windows System Applications”
The Folder c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security*
c:\windows\system32\taskeng.exe
c:\windows\system32\dwm.exe

See also the screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Ronnie,

I was able to add just dwm and taskeng. Just wasn’t hitting the apply button on the last main screen. Since it is not logging those anymore, I guess I am OK.

Can you clear the screen to get rid of the logging enties. And, if I had done nothing, would it have slowed or stopped and needed actions?

Ken

If you would like to clear it you would have to remove the full logfile for FW/AV/D+ i would not recommend that.
There are log settings on the Misc, Settings, Logging tab there you can “tweak” your logging preferences.

Thanks Ronnie,

I set the memory to clear after 1mb. If I had let the blocking of dwm and taskeng continue, would it have caused any problems. Wanted to know for future blocked items I know are OK.

Two other possible bug issues are Task Mgr opening real slow and the Comodo shortcut not working. Should I start another thread here or post in another topic.

I want 3.8 to work well and not delete it again. Things were real fast with NOD32 and Windows Firewall. I like the added security and features of Comodo.

Ken

Logging won’t cause problems because it will rollover if it reaches the maximum filesize.
Please post a new one in the Help for D+ if it turns out to be a “bug” then we can always move it to the bug board.

Thanks