2.4 - Is there a lot more problems then 2.3?

I never ran into any of the problem in 2.3 as I did 2.4, going to try to revert back to 2.3 for the time being. 2.4 has 50% cpu usage (100% in 1 core), when this happens, the internet is completely blocked up. 2.4 also has memory access errors when i try to ‘allow all traffic’ as well as when I try to get permission for some applications. (:AGY)

Is 2.4 that much of a security upgrade?

Hi komugi

Unfortunately, you’re not the only user to report CPU usage problems with CFP 2.4. However, I don’t think anybody has encountered the loss of connection associated with that or the memory access errors when Allow All is set or setting permissions. What’s the actual message that you’re getting? What is reporting it?

Also did you update CFP via its own update procedure? Some users have found that downloading the full installation, uninstalling & reinstalling CFP resolves their problems.

2.4 has better termination protection & better OLE handling. So, it is a fair upgrade. Full details here.

If you don’t get a resolution from the forums, I recommend that you goto Comodo Support, register on their system & raise a ticket on these issues. Remember to tell them what your OS is & the exact error messages you getting. Please post back any feedback/resolution you receive, thanks.

I couldn’t update via the updater so I uninstalled and reinstalled 2.4 clean. I tried it twice and did a few hours of trouble shooting but it still wouldn’t work. I’m not sure what the exact error was but it was 0x00000 something memeory read/access error. I’m kind of wondering if its not b/c of Google Desktop

I’m not sure about Google Desktop, as I don’t know anything about it.

Was the 0x00000 error message displayed on a blue screen (aka BSOD), resulting in your system restarting?

It didn’t cause my system to BSOD, but the error merely stated that there was a memory read error and Comodo will close now. Then I could use my system as it were. It seems to ALWAYS happen after I leave the computer on for the entire night. After which it would be using 100% CPU on 1 core, then when I try to either shut it down or allow all traffic, it does that error on me.

That doesn’t sound good. You might be able to find the actual error message in the Windows Event Log. Anyway, considering the nature of the problem, I do think it would be best if you raised a ticket on this with Comodo Support.

Alright, thanks for the help, I’ll try installing 2.4 again and see if that error comes up so I can log it and raise a ticket

If CFP crashed, which it did seem to, then you might find something under…

…\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Comodo\Personal Firewall\Logs

Also, the last events in the Windows event logs before the hang may give a clue as to what was happening when it hung.

Ewen :slight_smile: