1st time user - Why am I getting the same log entry every 30 seconds? [Closed]

Hi all,

I just installed Comodo, and I definitely think this is a better program than Zone Alarm 7, and obviously better than the Windows XP Firewall :slight_smile:

Anyway, my question concerns the ridiculous amount of the exact same log entry I keep on getting.
I’m getting the exact same entry about every 30 seconds. I have attached screenshots. Sorry for blacking out the IP address and whatnot…I’m kind of a beginner at this stuff and wans’t comfortable posting my IP address and such.

I just don’t understand how the exact same IP address (which looks like it may be my router’s) is getting flagged by this program for the same violation every 30 seconds. It doesn’t seem right to have this many of the same violation.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Are the blanked out bits like this:

Destination: 192.168.1.255: nbname(137) or
Destination: 192.168.1.255: nbdgram(138)

If so this is usually traffic generated by a router and you could stop the entries in one of two ways:

1. You could either disable logging by editing network control rule 5 to block without logging.
  2. You could use the ‘Define a new trusted network’ wizard to add a trusted network for your router. Personally I have defined a trusted network at home but at work, where I don’t trust the network, I have made the log file read only to improve performance (some people notice a drop in performance as the logs are written to the log file.

Hope this helps.

:SMLR

G’day soxfan,

I’ve answered in your other post on this same topic.

cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Re - Other Thread: https://forums.comodo.com/help/seems_like_comodo_thinks_my_router_is_a_hacker-t11559.0.html;msg81614#msg81614

Therefore I close this thread. Please don’t post the same question in separate threads for future reference.

Thanks.