1383 Keeps trying to "update" itself... wtf?!

I have Comodo Firewall 5.5.195786.1383 installed. As I understand it, this is the LATEST version. Despite that being the case, the Comodo updater icon keeps popping up on a regular basis in the system tray area notifying me of an “update” being available.

If I double click on it, an update dialogue would pop up asking me if I want to update. If I click yes I am prompted to restart the computer, and after I do so, nothing happens. I still have the latest version, and the updater icon still continues to pop up randomly.

If I ignore the updater icon then it will disappear on it’s own after a few seconds.

This has been going on for quite a while now… at first I didn’t care so much, but now it’s begging to be really annoying.

Why is Comodo Firewall updater constantly giving me false alarms regarding updates?

More importantly how do I fix this?

Thanks,
quanzaboy

*EDIT: I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

System Specs:
Intel Core i5 760 @ 4GHz
A-Data 4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 motherboard
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
ASUS GTX 580 DCII

It is normal. It is just the program checking for update. When one is available, on top of the icon, you’ll receive a message telling you so. As long as the message doesn’t appear, ignore the update icon.

I don’t remember exactly but I think sometimes the message does appear on it’s own. If it doesn’t then when I hover the mouse over the icon it says “An update is available”.

Even more, when I double click it, then it prompts me to update and even asks that I restart.

Surely if no update is available the it shouldn’t be doing that at all. Moreover checking for updates is something that the program is supposed to do in the background and only pop up an icon or a message of some sort IF there’s an update available.

It’s obvious that this thing’s broken.

My only question is, is there something I can do on my end in order to resolve this behavior? Or is this a fundamental bug in the software which can only be fixed in a new release?

Thanks,
quanzaboy

CIS will check for program updates and during that you will see the extra icon for like 10s. It will go automatically. Is that what is happening?

If there is an update it will also show a balloon message popping up from the systray.