Author Topic: What do I think about Comodo?  (Read 108071 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: What do I think about Comodo?
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
!ot!
Maybe, that Bob is from avast corporation and that Bob did that (post in Comodo forums) paid by avast.

I see...so Bob's blog about Avast offering him a job is a lie?

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2011, 09:19:29 AM »
 !ot!

I see...so Bob's blog about Avast offering him a job is a lie?
No, this is true.
But the way you've posted before it could give the impression that avast corporation was ordering Bob to do so. And one of the avast team reacted saying that this would be insane.
But, look, this is what I'm reading. The original posters should say their version. But would do they think it worth?  :-\
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
!ot!
No, this is true.
But the way you've posted before it could give the impression that avast corporation was ordering Bob to do so. And one of the avast team reacted saying that this would be insane.
But, look, this is what I'm reading. The original posters should say their version. But would do they think it worth?  :-\

thanks for that....one last question if i may..what exact wording in my posts has led Igor to believe those to be insane pls? you are doing really well...:)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »
thanks for that....one last question if i may..what exact wording in my posts has led Igor to believe those to be insane pls?
Need to search back... It will take some time...
Anyway, maybe it's the general tone of the posts and not some particular words.

you are doing really well...:)
Trying to do my best :)
I would really appreciate that you (both companies) work together. You both will win :)
avast! team member

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:07 AM »
Igor's post was on Friday, 31-12-10, 13:40 and the thread was closed. So the posts he was referring to must have occurred before that.

Source: here.

Reply #1: Bob bad uses the word "fanboy". But say his "accusations" were from himself. I can't find the original source, the text, of the "accusations" (probably DACS legal stuff). Does anybody has a link for it? Besides, Bob and a lot of other users, can misunderstood the concepts behind DACS: what is being shared and what is not. Comodo never stolen definitions of other companies.

From that on, you always insist on Bob being paid to do that. You use the word "shame", "ambassador"; you make a scenario where Bob dialogs with avast team and gave the impression that avast corporation was behind the scene (see reply #11).

In reply #113 you call him a "troll". On #166 you call him "paid troll", insisting on a background from avast corporation.
My question on reply #158 remain unanswered.

A summary of all is on reply #174 (31 December 2010, 13:33), some minutes before Igor's reaction.

After all, the avast words about Comodo software is posted clearly there:

Comodo is a perfectly OK piece of software and there's absolutely nothing wrong with using it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 09:55:19 AM by Tech »
avast! team member

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »
Thanks..

So Bob didn't accept the job offer from Avast?

Did Bob lie on his blog?

If Bob didn't lie, why is calling bob "paid" is insane?

thank you for all your help Tech..you are great!

Melih

Offline JamesFrance

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2011, 10:56:14 AM »
Tech I noticed that the Comodo OK comment was directed at YoKenny who is one of the gang at Calendar of Updates who have been posting against Melih and Comodo for several years now.   There are several members of that forum who have a history of spreading FUD around other forums.
James

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2011, 11:24:59 AM »
Tech I noticed that the Comodo OK comment was directed at YoKenny who is one of the gang at Calendar of Updates who have been posting against Melih and Comodo for several years now.   There are several members of that forum who have a history of spreading FUD around other forums.
YoKenny has his own opinions and, indeed, does not like Comodo at all.
But YoKenny is not Bob. Both aren't avast forums.
By the way, a link to the Bob's accusations will help. I mean, since from the beginning, I did not understand why was the fight started. My first 4 ou 5 posts in that thread was about secondary topics, one of them recognizing Even's work.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:27:13 AM by Tech »
avast! team member

Offline SS26

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »
Why do you think people that moderates for free will do it better if it is for money?
Why do you think working for free is the passport to work worse or not having "fabulous demands"?

>:-D I didn't tell what i think, so why do you wrench my words?  Are you a sharper?  

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 11:29:27 AM »
Yes, he did. And never hide it afaik.

Did Bob lie on his blog?
No.

Are you sure the users are reading this way? I mean, aren't the users reading "paid" = "posts as being paid, acts like a employee, acts by order of avast team"?

Then, we need to separate what other people said elsewhere. In all topic, users jump and said that Comodo was attacked in some other place. It's wrong, ok. But we can't join all these things together.

In other words, some users see conspiracy theories and actions. Maybe there are commercial interests and in some (or many) cases FUD. But we can't - in my opinion - see the world with these eyes. A friend of many said that I wouldn't understand United States at all if I think that all behind it are conspiracy theories. This makes me think, specially, when I read antivirus companies make virus/malware just to keep their jobs...

FUD is combated more with acts than with words. More with credibility, facts, than words or posts.

I think Comodo is doing a very good job trying to improve users protection. And won't FUD and conspiracy theories change the fact of CIS is a very very good suite. The only one full free.

About the "sharing samples/malware on access" I'll post a separate post. It worths a discussion that I could have already with other virus analysts and, more or less, is what Igor posted in avast forums.
avast! team member

Offline JamesFrance

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
James

Offline SS26

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »

Did Bob lie on his blog?

You distort picture.  Because you not just simply called Bob "paid", you beat all in such way that Bob's negative comments about DACS is a result of his employment on Avast.  Hence according to logic Avast pays Bob to say spiteful things about DACS, among other things.

I suppose this is what meant by "crazy accusations and insane stories".

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »
Sharing samples/malware on access thoughts:

• Comodo thinks it's fundamental.
  • It already exists with some delay between companies (paid ones included).
  • You must have a way to avoid "data poisoning" (distribution of false samples, fake malware).
  • You must avoid sheeper behavior (one detects and all others come behind). Kaspersky has already "proved" that people do this at VirusTotal (Google will find the links to this).
  • Other will think that the delay is necessary and does not break down the cooperation, on contrary, it increases the samples quality. For instance, Igor's thoughts here.
  • The huge percentage of duplications of shared samples. Source: Waste management: the current state of sample sharing linked by Igor in earlier thoughts.
  • DACS is an online sharing system source.
avast! team member

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
They are all here Tech:
http://forums.Comodo.com/profiles/bob3160-u2891.html;sa,showPosts
Thanks James. Did not remember that option.

My comments:

* iObit tried that and we all know how well that went over.  88)
Completely wrong assumption from Bob's side. iObit stolen the work of Malwarebytes, i.e., the virus analysts' work and the definitions.

But, after that, can we come back to discuss the technology itself?  ;)
DACS is sharing the results and the malware. On DACS thread it can be discussed more.

Another Comodo fan boy heard from. :)
Another error of good manners and interpretation. Not all people are fanboys.

It's not up to me to present evidence or proof. That'll be the attorneys job when this gets challenged in court providing this great innovation ever makes it out of the dream stage.

This could be just another of many other dreams that never see the light of day.
Here could be the Bob's thoughts, i.e., he won't present any proof as this is not his work. He's posting his opinions - with vehemence I agree - but nothing more than this.

Again, Bob's thoughts. Please, read it out of the context, without prejudice:

You can't simply use someone else's property for your own use with out the express permission of the original owner.
If you can get all the other security companies to agree for you to harvest what their technology has discovered and pass it along to those that don't uses their product (free or paid) then you've got an excellent tool for the benefit of all.
Without that permission, you've got an idea for something that by it's concept sounds very good but it's something that you can't execute, develop and certainly can't market.

Hope that's simple enough for every one to understand. 
He's not bashing, just doubting. Some posts before he talks about false positives (the "sheeper" behavior I've posted before, the quality of the samples).

After that, all posts inflamed from all parts...
avast! team member

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
>:-D I didn't tell what i think, so why do you wrench my words?  Are you a sharper? 
Sorry. It was not my intention twist anyone's words.
avast! team member

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek