Poll

Would like a free tool that will tell you whether what you see on the Internet is legitimate or not?

Yes
369 (86.4%)
No
58 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 414

Author Topic: Pls tell us your views! Its important  (Read 133913 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Pls tell us your views! Its important
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2006, 03:41:35 PM »
I found Comodo very "comodo" (italian) because I was just looking for an Antivirus & Firewall of good quality for free and i did'n believe it when PC Magazine offered it on a disk!
At the beginning I thought that was the usually offer that would be paid after 1 month but after I had a look at your site I realize that was really for free!
Now, after using it for a while, I feel that it would be nice if there was a version in another language. In fact, in Italy, from where I write (but even everywhere I suppose), people is a little bit suspectuos about something for free. If they could really read in their language what you offer I think would increase the usage of Comodo products. I can understand english but how many people (in Italy) can do that!
That's is my suggestion, even because installing the product is not so easy (for non confidence people with software). (B) (V)

check this http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,3239.0.html
we have 24 languages coming soon.

cheers
Melih

Offline Bl4deRunner

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2006, 08:11:19 AM »
- What I'm missing, is a "configure" button in the pop-up message, when it's giving a warning that a program's accessing the internet.
- Textarea's in general should be resizable. I hate scrolling especially when there's unused space on my monitor.
- double-clicking a log-entry should bring me to the specific rule that applies to that entry

My 2 cents

Offline megadecibel

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2006, 12:50:57 PM »
After trying a previous version of the FW I uninstalled it and looked elsewhere due to configuration difficulties.  However, I was recently in the "market" for new FW and decided to try COMODO again and I am glad.  This FW seems to work great!  After the firewall I installed the Anti-virus and was pleased again.  Since COMODO can clearly build highly effective home-user security products for free, I think COMODO should build an anti-spyware product (either stand-alone or integrated into the launchpad).  If the antivirus has anti-spyware definitions already then they don't work.  All of the tests on www.Spycar.org were able to complete successfully which is not good.  If COMODO can make an anti-spyware product as effective as their FW, they could be a serious threat to big names like Norton or Zonelabs.  Thanks Melih! (R)

Offline N.T.T.W.

• Comodo's Hero
  • A minute of your time can help many.
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2006, 10:45:29 AM »
After trying a previous version of the FW I uninstalled it and looked elsewhere due to configuration difficulties.  However, I was recently in the "market" for new FW and decided to try COMODO again and I am glad.  This FW seems to work great!  After the firewall I installed the Anti-virus and was pleased again.  Since COMODO can clearly build highly effective home-user security products for free, I think COMODO should build an anti-spyware product (either stand-alone or integrated into the launchpad).  If the antivirus has anti-spyware definitions already then they don't work.  All of the tests on www.Spycar.org were able to complete successfully which is not good.  If COMODO can make an anti-spyware product as effective as their FW, they could be a serious threat to big names like Norton or Zonelabs.  Thanks Melih! (R)

Indeed, I currently use Spybot, Ad-Aware, CPF and the latest CAVS beta. I realize that the HIPS features being developed in both CPF and CAVS will be a great extra protection layer (once perfected) but once this has been perfected it would be great if extra spyware detection and removal features were developed. If the excellent and dedicated staff at Comodo put the same effort into such features, or even a stand alone application, I believe I would then be able to safely drop Ad-aware and Spybot. I think a stand alone antispyware app would be a great addition to the Comodo 'family'.
The availability of Firewall, Antivirus and Antispyware developed by Comodo would give many people the option of superb security software to match anything available and costing nowt. Having seen the great advances made for both Firewall and Antivirus I intend to stick with Comodo for good.

:Beer 
Post proelia praemia.
Die dulci fruere.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2006, 02:24:20 PM »
Indeed, I currently use Spybot, Ad-Aware, CPF and the latest CAVS beta. I realize that the HIPS features being developed in both CPF and CAVS will be a great extra protection layer (once perfected) but once this has been perfected it would be great if extra spyware detection and removal features were developed. If the excellent and dedicated staff at Comodo put the same effort into such features, or even a stand alone application, I believe I would then be able to safely drop Ad-aware and Spybot. I think a stand alone antispyware app would be a great addition to the Comodo 'family'.
The availability of Firewall, Antivirus and Antispyware developed by Comodo would give many people the option of superb security software to match anything available and costing nowt. Having seen the great advances made for both Firewall and Antivirus I intend to stick with Comodo for good.

Hi Anderow

CAVS (Comodo Anti Virus/Spyware) product does catch both viruses and spyware. We found that it would be more efficient to put both functionality into one application. The other vendors seperate and cause inefficiency because they want to be able to sell two products not one. However, what would be interesting for us to develop (and of course we are half way thru our development :)) is a behaviour blocker. This will analyse the behaviour and if found suspicious it will stop it. This would be a great addition to CAVS. However, with the HIPS in CAVS, you already have a very powerful "prevention" ability.

Melih

Offline N.T.T.W.

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2007, 05:59:15 AM »
Thanks Melih, so do you think that once CAVS has been perfected it will detect the same malware/spyware as Spybot and Ad-aware currently do as well as all of those nasty viruses out there? I understand that HIPS will be a valuable tool but quick removal of any nasties that slip through the net is also very desirable. I look forward to the day when all I will need to protect my PC is CAVS and CPF (and some common sense/caution!).

Heres hoping that 2007 is a great year for Comodo. Happy new year Melih and keep up the good work.

Post proelia praemia.
Die dulci fruere.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »
Thanks Melih, so do you think that once CAVS has been perfected it will detect the same malware/spyware as Spybot and Ad-aware currently do as well as all of those nasty viruses out there? I understand that HIPS will be a valuable tool but quick removal of any nasties that slip through the net is also very desirable. I look forward to the day when all I will need to protect my PC is CAVS and CPF (and some common sense/caution!).

Heres hoping that 2007 is a great year for Comodo. Happy new year Melih and keep up the good work.

Sure of course it will be comparable.

However, once you have CPF HIPS enabled you will unlikely have any kind of malware on your system as CPF HIPS will "prevent" them.

The idea is: today people use AV as their first line of defense security product, we believe CPF HIPS should be your first line of defense. This will prevent any malware coming into your system. However of course you should have some sort of AV/spyware in case if you somehow get infected.

Melih

Offline rhadin

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2007, 04:51:18 AM »
Melih, I think being compared to to Spybot and Ad-Aware is setting your sights low. According to the most recent tests that I could find, both products had middling performance and were useful only as secondary utilities, that is, they could be run after a better malware/spyware program had already been run.

I currently am only using Comodo's Firewall. I am using it because it received an Editor's Choice from PC Magazine, which said it was equal to, if not better than, Zone Alarm Pro. I stumbled across the review as I was researching firewalls, looking for something to replace our Norton/Symantec Firewall. I have not tried Comodo's antivirus because I cannot find an in-depth evaluation of it and how it stacks up against other AV programs -- both paid and free. Instead, I replaced Norton/Symantec AV with BitDefender (paid, not free) because its reported test results placed it neck and neck with Kaspersky (paid) at the top.

What I would like to see is are some independent test comparisons of Comodo products against the industry standards. I'd particularly like to see reviews in PC Magazine and PC World. How does Comodo AV really stack up against BitDefender, Kaspersky, Symantec, etc.? And in the case of anti-malware/spyware, how does the Comodo product stack up?

In another thread you asked for ideas on generating revenue. Your website indicates that Comodo is giving the products away for free as a way to encourage users to visit Comodo-certified vendors. It seems to me that if you can point to objective data that puts the free Comodo products at the same or higher rating as the well-known commercial brands, you might be able to induce certified vendors to "give" the Comodo programs (or provide a download link) to their visitors as value-adds for visiting. The vendors could point to the objective ratings, which would add to both their and your credibility. This could induce more sites to become Comodo certified.

That's my FWIW.

Offline rambo

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2007, 11:06:23 AM »
LOVELY JUBLY.
That's English,well almost,for this has got to be the best !!!!!!!!! firewall there is.
It is an absolute joy to use.
Congratulations
The Forum is also 101%
Thankyou

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
LOVELY JUBLY.
That's English,well almost,for this has got to be the best !!!!!!!!! firewall there is.
It is an absolute joy to use.
Congratulations
The Forum is also 101%
Thankyou

who doesn't like Del boy and Fools & Horses :)

Lovely jubly indeed :)

Melih

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
WOOP!! WOOP!!

Nose wool alert!! LOL
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline geobeck69

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2007, 11:18:24 AM »
New animated icon

I just updated Comodo today, and I don't like the new icon.  Icons in my system tray should only attract my attention when they need to, not whenever my computer is sending information to the Internet (which is pretty constant).

Please restore the previous non-animated icon.

Offline N.T.T.W.

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2007, 11:20:20 AM »
New animated icon

I just updated Comodo today, and I don't like the new icon.  Icons in my system tray should only attract my attention when they need to, not whenever my computer is sending information to the Internet (which is pretty constant).

Please restore the previous non-animated icon.

If you right click on the Icon you can disable the animation and return to a nice Comodo Icon.

:SMLR
Post proelia praemia.
Die dulci fruere.

Offline sonny

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2007, 01:12:53 AM »
I think the best thing about comodo firewall right now is the fact that it's one of the best firewalls in terms of protection/technology and yet very user friendly. I've used other popular firewalls that are suppose to be advanced as well in terms of protection, but it seemed you had to be a network engineer to configure it so you are full protected. Then there were others that were very user friendly, but yet they were no where near advanced in terms of protection compared to others.
Hmm, maybe that's why I was using an outdated sygate for almost 2 years, because I couldn't find a replacement. Anyways viva Comodo and the future, I hope Comodo continues to try to be the BEST firewall in terms of protection and provide firewalls that are user friendly as possible.

(V)

Offline LJK

• Security = Comodo = Safe!
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2007, 08:35:07 AM »
You've got also site advisor? Isn't this the same  ???
Otherwise:  (R)
Will that communism never stop coming?

Security = Comodo = Safe

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek