Poll

Would like a free tool that will tell you whether what you see on the Internet is legitimate or not?

Yes
369 (86.4%)
No
58 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 414

Author Topic: Pls tell us your views! Its important  (Read 133693 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Pls tell us your views! Its important
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »
Melih,

That product I believe will help Comodo a lot in gaining Market Share, so that Comodo may become the leading SSL certificate provider.

I am betting on it ;-)

Melih

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 02:38:45 PM »
I would be very (VERY) interested in hearing from people who voted as NO.

I really want to hear why you would, in my opinion, rather surf the internet blind without the ability to verify content.

Honestly, why would you rather surf blind and fall into traps? I am very interested in finding out the answer.

thanks
Melih

Offline mpr

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 01:11:18 AM »
Dear COMODO,
I am really in dismay when gone through comodo !!!!!
Pray for every success and all kinds of prospects,
With Respectful Regards,
mpr.

Offline wozza

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 01:29:27 AM »
Gidday Guys. I've used all "the rest" paid and free, NIS, ZoneAlarm etc but this is the best I've come across.
I don't think it's for the basic user but for the price they can learn!
Keep up the good work and you'll always have my support.
Even thinking of installing on SOHO office (Boss's business) for which I'm IT responsible, just checking out on home system first.

My Home is Girt by Sea
Wozza
(WCF3)

Offline Raphaelts

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 06:34:46 AM »
Olá pessoal, é de extrema importância, que tenhamos ferramentas gratuítas e eficientes como as do Comodo. Estou muito satisfeito com o anti-virus, e gostaria de lhes dar os Parabéns! A internet é um direito de todos, graças ao comodo isso é possivel com segurança.

Hi, is very important that we have goods tool and that to be free. I am very happy with Comodo, the internet is of all, and because the Comodo, we can have a internet more secury. Cangratulations!

(Sorry my terrible english)

Offline Paulo

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »
Olá pessoal, é de extrema importância, que tenhamos ferramentas gratuítas e eficientes como as do Comodo. Estou muito satisfeito com o anti-virus, e gostaria de lhes dar os Parabéns! A internet é um direito de todos, graças ao comodo isso é possivel com segurança.

Hi, is very important that we have goods tool and that to be free. I am very happy with Comodo, the internet is of all, and because the Comodo, we can have a internet more secury. Cangratulations!

(Sorry my terrible english)

(Raphael: Bemvindo ao forum, obrigado pela forca, e - se prefirir - por favor visite-nos no cantinho Penta [Hexa?] aqui: http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/board,37.0.html )

Offline Blurr

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 06:23:03 AM »

I really want to hear why you would, in my opinion, rather surf the internet blind without the ability to verify content.

Honestly, why would you rather surf blind and fall into traps? I am very interested in finding out the answer.

thanks
Melih

Well, if your computer can barely run a browser, and you don't have anything secure on it, why would you need it? I voted yes, but that is a possible scenairo.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 07:41:22 AM »
Well, if your computer can barely run a browser, and you don't have anything secure on it, why would you need it? I voted yes, but that is a possible scenairo.

Well if you have given up on life in general, then i agree you don't need it :-)

Melih

Offline beetlejuice69

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 12:18:03 PM »
Tried the new Mode 3 tweek in the registry and I`m very impressed. Overall performance of this software is top notch. Keep up the great work guys, I think you have a winner.  (V)

Offline rgreene501

• Comodo Loves me
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 01:39:39 PM »

thanks
Melih

Melih,

There are MANY toolbars available that already do this.  ebay, Netcraft & others.  If you have an idea for a better mousetrap, then by all means build it.  Just be ready for slow acceptance due to the need already being met with current products.

From the perspective of a guy who makes a living fixing stuff...  You can lead a user to water, but they'll still click "Ok".
Pull my finger for my public key

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 01:47:25 PM »
Melih,

There are MANY toolbars available that already do this.  ebay, Netcraft & others.  If you have an idea for a better mousetrap, then by all means build it.  Just be ready for slow acceptance due to the need already being met with current products.

From the perspective of a guy who makes a living fixing stuff...  You can lead a user to water, but they'll still click "Ok".

Rgreene501

There is NO toolbar that does what VE does. I think you must have mistaken what VE does.
VE is about Content authentication. It authenticates web content. eg: logo, login boxes etc. The toolbars you mention simply display an indicator when you go to a site. There is a big difference.

On the other hand, i agree that introducing a new concept is a slow process as there is a huge education involved.

Content Authentication is ONLY possible with VE!

Melih

Offline kda

• Comodo Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 04:57:43 PM »
I would definitely be interested as I do a lot of banking / shopping on line. My only request / requirement would be that the program is proven to be so reliable that I can feel absolutely and totally confident that I can rely on it.  100%!

These programs that "help you identify possible" security or fraud threats are just about useless to me.  I can either trust this type of software to protect and advise me or I cannot trust it.  For me, there is no middle ground.  If I cannot have absolute confidence in that type of software 100% of the time, then I don't want it in my way.

I hope something like that is actually "doable". 

(B)

Offline rgreene501

• Comodo Loves me
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »
There is NO toolbar that does what VE does. I think you must have mistaken what VE does...

You're right in stating that I would be mistaken.  I only took a token glance and responded before actually researching.  I'm happy to be proven wrong in situations like this.  You actually save me some preliminary homework by evangelizing your ideas.  ;)  Now I have a glimpse of the potential value and can weigh that against the value of the time required to evaluate the product.
Pull my finger for my public key

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 08:47:54 AM »
I would definitely be interested as I do a lot of banking / shopping on line. My only request / requirement would be that the program is proven to be so reliable that I can feel absolutely and totally confident that I can rely on it.  100%!

These programs that "help you identify possible" security or fraud threats are just about useless to me.  I can either trust this type of software to protect and advise me or I cannot trust it.  For me, there is no middle ground.  If I cannot have absolute confidence in that type of software 100% of the time, then I don't want it in my way.

I hope something like that is actually "doable". 

(B)

Well we have done it already ;-)
Called Verification Engine www.vengine.com
I invented this product and patented it around year 2000 ;-) and we are making it available for free to everyone.
you can download it for free (small application) then it will tell you if the bank site is authentic or not, by putting your mouse over their logo etc :-)

I think its cool! (but then i again i might be slightly biased as this is one of my babies:-) )

Melih

Offline mike6688

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2006, 08:50:54 AM »
I think its cool! (but then i again i might be slightly biased as this is one of my babies:-) )

Melih,

VE is cool, you're not biased you're just telling the truth  ;D

Mike
Volunteer Moderator: Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Comodo.  Please read and abide by the forum policy!

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek