Author Topic: Please give us your testimonials! We really appreciate it.  (Read 168990 times)

Offline Jonno421

Re: Please give us your testimonials! We really appreciate it.
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »
For some reason the link Melih provided 404's. I registered just to give my testimonial.
Comodo is by far the greatest security tool I use. Alongside Avast!, I don't think much can threaten my system. It's advanced enough to stop anything (wanted or otherwise) so I can review it, but still caters to my dumb side. Also runs great with Win7. Only downside I can find is that ThreatCast doesn't seem to work. But still, I couldn't ask for a better product, thanks Comodo!
 ;D :-TU ;D

Offline mugur

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:12 AM »
I try to access the link posted by Melih but in vain so I better say a few words on the board. Security Package (Free Package) will benefit a favorite among home users is not hard to install and use.
As security software is always room for improvement. Thank you and wish you success!

Offline ApplTester

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »
Melih, first of all thank you for making available to the free User as me this thread, which shows the concern of Comodo in making a better security software to any level of user.

I already have a paid software from another company of which I have no complaints as they are concerned about fixing bugs in addition to false positives to maintain the security of computer (either at corporate or personal) and the stability of the software used by each profile customer.

But I see that many users do not have ways to keep paying for a security program and nowadays with many brands that are expensive and do not work as well as Comodo that most of times achieve good levels of protection in several tests I have recommended that it be installed in several cases.

So in order to get you to continue offering the program for various levels of users (free of charge as I am using in my tests and that somehow it will also help the Corporate User) I will refer some cases that occurred to me:

Windows XP:
- Bug with Windows XP accusing (false positive) that the C: \ SystemRestore \ (several files of their own valid XP installation) are trojans. In this scenario Comodo deleted the files causing the malfunction of Windows XP
(I discovered this when having to address a problem in a company where there was a virus installed on a machine replicating across the network, after a week of work running several tests I isolated the computer with 54 types of infections to format. The company not only provided me all the installation CDs but also got in touch with the manufacturer of the machine for some specific paths about some programs they own). After a full and clean format and all necessary updates I installed Comodo until the company chose a product for the network and after installation Comodo excluded some Windows XP valid files - was the problem of false positives -. I had to use the installation CD of Windows XP to repair the installation after uninstalling Comodo. And them the company choose a paid and reliable software to protect them.

As Home User:
- Problems caused by valid files of some games making the game does not run when we leave some files in whitelist.
- Online games that use HackShield are not performed the update because Comodo detects the  anti hacker game tool itself as potentially dangerous nor giving a chance to put it in whitelist
- Problems with nVidia graphic driver update making it to miss a valid .dll causing computer instability
- Problems with BlackBerry Desktop Manager (not allowing to install completely even when we chose the install as trusted application). Also happen to update the device causing BlackBerry and computer instability

I cannot send any dump file right now as I gave up from Comodo due to the issues with HackShield and BlackBerry and some games I use to play at my free time because even when I was trying to repair the Windows 7 64 bits installation I couldn't complete and had to reformat completely (a real pain in the butt) and I will not use my computer to work or to play without the driver of nVidia graphic card installed.

Offline Munemasa Katagiri

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2010, 11:03:45 PM »
I have the same problem, Hackshield can't update.

Offline yanic

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
sorry i just have to say that i hate this firewall.
the only reason i dont uninstall it is that sunbelt firewall doesn't have a 64bit version yet.
i hate that it asks all over again the same programs no matter if i put them on the untrusted list or it doesn't ask at all. no way between.
i loved about sunbelt that it asked every time a program wanted to connect, and it only asked one time, and this is all i need. comodo is just really annoying.
sorry but this is my opinion.

Offline burebista

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2010, 02:33:42 PM »
Sorry but you're doing something wrong. CIS is deadly silent at home on Seven x64 and at work on XP x32.
Proactive, D+ and FW in Safe Mode, Sandbox enabled.
No unnecessary popups and everything is remembered.
If it ain't broke... fix it until it is.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
sorry i just have to say that i hate this firewall.
the only reason i dont uninstall it is that sunbelt firewall doesn't have a 64bit version yet.
i hate that it asks all over again the same programs no matter if i put them on the untrusted list or it doesn't ask at all. no way between.
i loved about sunbelt that it asked every time a program wanted to connect, and it only asked one time, and this is all i need. comodo is just really annoying.
Which version are you using?

Also, if you add the program to the safe-list you won't get any more popups.

Offline SamH

Feedback Alrewady Submitted
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2010, 12:05:16 PM »
I have been providing "feedback" as requested for several weeks, often multiple times each day.  I am somewhat surprised at the programs I commonly used are apparently unfamiliar to you, but that can happen.

The feedback process could be improved.  First I must locate the item you flag.  Then I must open up the Firewall and get to the Miscellaneous / Submit Suspicious Files area.  Then I must index down to the item you have flagged in the location I have found.  And then wait.

I am frustrated that only then do you tell me the item has already been submitted!

You could shows the path, and save me the time to look up what you already know.

You could provide a slightly different message (other than "Please submit to COMODO for analysis") when you already know I have already submitted the item for your analysis.

Continued feedback from your users might be enhanced by making the process more efficient for both of us.

Thanks!

Offline dmadalton

• Comodo Member
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2010, 04:43:04 PM »
these fine people at comodo really are trying to do things right I back a year ago saved my x girl friends computer using comodo internet security an comodo system cleaner after she got a virus

Offline dero01

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »
 :( If I could download a working version of CSI 5.0 I could comment on how it works, so far after trying two csipremium_installer_x86 from two different pages on your site and only getting a firewall that works and a AV that I can't upgrade and a Defense+ that is not functioning, I figured I'de give it a THIRD chance and try doing it with Stand Alones I get the same results, so my search for protection is still going on. (yes I used a revo uninstall Tool and rebooted every time, I can read...)

Ladies and Gentleman, you have a problem... Make it work for EVERYBODY.

Maybe later on I will use Comodo, but not today.

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »
:( If I could download a working version of CSI 5.0 I could comment on how it works, so far after trying two csipremium_installer_x86 from two different pages on your site and only getting a firewall that works and a AV that I can't upgrade and a Defense+ that is not functioning, I figured I'de give it a THIRD chance and try doing it with Stand Alones I get the same results, so my search for protection is still going on. (yes I used a revo uninstall Tool and rebooted every time, I can read...)

Ladies and Gentleman, you have a problem... Make it work for EVERYBODY.

Maybe later on I will use Comodo, but not today.
Please start a topc in the Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS board.

That is not a probblem with the installer but something related to your individual system that needs a closer look

Offline dero01

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2010, 01:26:40 PM »
Please start a topc in the Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS board.

That is not a probblem with the installer but something related to your individual system that needs a closer look

I have since FRIDAY, September 18/2010
If you look in " 
You will find TWO post where I am asking for help. 88)

Offline laura_church

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2010, 05:56:30 AM »
This is the first full free antivirus i have tried and i just want to say thank you, people on low income or little money really need this in these hard times. The scanner and firewalls are better than the free trials i have tried. and none of them offered a free online forum either. you had to spend upwards of 50$ just to get minimul protection. awesome job for the person who created this unique product. again thank you so much.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2010, 06:49:24 AM »
This is the first full free antivirus i have tried and i just want to say thank you, people on low income or little money really need this in these hard times. The scanner and firewalls are better than the free trials i have tried. and none of them offered a free online forum either. you had to spend upwards of 50$ just to get minimul protection. awesome job for the person who created this unique product. again thank you so much.

very much appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to come to our forums. We are here to help. You have an amazing user community and moderators who are very helpful, knowledgable and willing to help..
again, welcome to our forum.

Melih

Offline tasfernatu

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2010, 12:35:08 AM »
I have my entire network of 5 pcs all under the protection of comodo... and have for a while... just getting around to joining and posting...  we all slack a little...  :P but i want to say thank you for such a well working product that allows me the ultimate in customization so far as network games and filesharing amongst our household...  Comodo is "top of the line" so far as performance and capability...  i suggest it to everyone i come in contact with !!!  There are no words for the thanks i want to express to you all..   Michael  (Florida, USA)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek