comodo is a disgrace!!

i posted here to get help with tryig to retrieve my home network to no avail.

i came back to find my comments removed- the entire thread in fact.

the result of my comodo experience?..

well, how about, reinstallation of WHS, complete loss of user profile function on my vista 64 machine, as well as backups that dont restore…resulting in total loss of anything profile related- thats right, all outlook and thunderbird email, account details, and so on.

i followed the removal processes, and im no PC noob…i know what i am doing.

this firewall has cost me alot of lost data and time…over 30 hours now…

i see that i am not the only one with such problems.

i will be going out of my way to speak up against this product and warn others of it’s destructive powers…

it should not be allowed to be distributed to the public…

absolute disgrace.

thanks for the problems and a big raspberry to the developers and management.

Sorry you thread as not been removed please find it here https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/comodo_free_broke_my_windows_home_server_and_i_need_help_fixing_it_please-t42281.0.html;msg306629#msg306629

Thank you
Dennis

While I empthsise with your “broken” server, I have to correct you when you say “to no avail”. You rceived an initial response in 34 minutes asking for further information.

i came back to find my comments removed- the entire thread in fact.

Not removed, just moved to a more appropriate location than the one it was originally posted in.

i will be going out of my way to speak up against this product and warn others of it's destructive powers...

it should not be allowed to be distributed to the public…

absolute disgrace.

thanks for the problems and a big raspberry to the developers and management.

Sorry you feel this way. All that would have been required was to setup firewall rules to allow local LAN traffic and you would have been home and hosed. CIS does indeed work on WHS. All that is required is to either A) acknowledge the “New network detected” response correctly or B) manually set up rules to allow LAN traffic.

Ewen :slight_smile:

LMAO! ;D :-TU

I loved reading that first Post! It was so aggressive. Just like mine when I tried using the Comodo Firewall for the first time.

Don’t worry man, we’ve all been there. :wink:

Just don’t give up. It’s not an average PC Firewall. It seriously kicks ■■■! ;D

In your Post you said…

... im no PC noob....i know what i am doing.

What you must realize is that a n00bz will never be able to learn how to use a Firewall like this. Even Advanced Firewall users usually take Months to learn it. The ‘time’ it takes to learn all depends on your current knowledge.

I would strongly suggest you learn how to use it ‘before’ installing it. :-TU

Here’s a few Links for you…

Wiki

CFP Config’ video
(This is an old Video I made a while ago. I would NOT recommend you set yours up like this, but if you watch, you will see how to ‘install’ Programs when CIS is running; something that confuses many people at first.)

DEFENSE+ Night Club Bouncer

Comodo CIS kicks serious ■■■■ - ??? once I figured out how to configure it properly, haha

Don’t give up! The best move you can make is to install it in a virtiual machine and go crazy with the settings until you figured out how the Zones work. If you mess up too bad, just reset the virtual and start again. It takes time, but it’s worth it.

:comodorocks: WOW is the most i can say about this product…i am an advanced computer user…and i love comodo…but i do agree that if you dont know what you are doing…you probably will not like it …but be prepared to be addicted by it once you learn…