Author Topic: Re: Comodo internet security Having problems with too many alerts  (Read 6749 times)

Offline jman037

In counter-point to the original poster, I have to say this is the most annoying software I've ever used in many years.

The insessant amount of popups while doing anything - opening explorer to view a directory and having to click OK many times before it opens - installing ANY software and going thru a long list of clicking OK once again..  I make sure the default "remember this action" is checked yet every time I open my game program "Empire Earth II - Art of Conquest", I still have to answer the same series of popups (about 30).

It's so bad I have to turn Comodo OFF so I can install or update or even play anything.  Otherwise, I am 5 minutes clicking a barrage of pop ups.

I have used nearly every security software out there and Comodo is the only software that is this invasive.  Why do other security suites seem to "know" when what I am doing is safe and Comodo doesn't?

This also makes me wonder just how well it is written, if it canot make ANY decisions on its own (as other software does).  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:27:17 PM by Melih »

Toggie

Re: Comodo internet security
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »
I'm seriously going to keep score of single posters that cannot find a way to ask for help, but do find a thread in which to complain.

That's 2

Offline jman037

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 04:22:12 PM »
Instead of being UN-helpful and simply making a flippant remark, why don't you suggest then how I am incorrect in my experience with this software and perhaps I would LEARN something new?

In your reply I see nothing pertaining to solving the issue at all.  I did read the FAQs about setting popups to auto-deny and setting a parental password, etc.  This is not helpful.  To simply deny every program I run (so they cannot run correctly) does not solve my problem.

Is Comodo written well enough to offer me another solution? 

I suppose you can count this as post #3.  :-)

Toggie

Re: Re: Comodo internet security Having problems with too many alerts
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 05:38:53 AM »
Yes that's 3 :)

If you'd care to open a thread asking for help in the relevant forum Help - CIS I'm sure we can provide you with some answers.

When opening a thread please post details of the problem you have with any relevant screen shots regarding the event

3xist

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 05:41:55 AM »
Instead of being UN-helpful and simply making a flippant remark, why don't you suggest then how I am incorrect in my experience with this software and perhaps I would LEARN something new?

In your reply I see nothing pertaining to solving the issue at all.  I did read the FAQs about setting popups to auto-deny and setting a parental password, etc.  This is not helpful.  To simply deny every program I run (so they cannot run correctly) does not solve my problem.

Is Comodo written well enough to offer me another solution? 

I suppose you can count this as post #3.  :-)

Hi jman & Welcome to the forums.

The forum community is here to help you. :) Please open up a new thread in the above link Toggie provided (Help-CIS) With your System Information (Operating System) and Also Security Software including their versions, So we can resolve the pop up issue your having.

Also with CIS post your configuration using. I will go ahead and close this thread. Once again, the Help Forum is here: https://forums.comodo.com/help_cis-b127.0/

If you have any issues feel free to PM me, Whether to unlock this or not.

Cheers,
Josh

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek