Re: Comodo Identity Assurance Warranty

There is that thing that i still don’t get with COMODO. Is COMODO a fraud company ? Because, Once, Comodo guaranted a website named topfinancial.com which scamed people of more than $100,000 and now comodo is doing the same thing for Macrotrade.com who is going to scam people very soon of an huge amount. When you write Forteco Trading LTD holds a website identity assurance warranty of $1,000,000. This means that you are insured for up to $1,000,000 when relying on the information provided by IdAuthority on this site., people often invest in those scam because they trust COMODO.

I just don’t get it. Comodo, please what do you do exactly ? I know you will delete this post because you can not face the truth.

How many ways can we disappoint you? Let me count the ways … 88) :smiley:

Not sure about deleting posts (we generally don’t do that), but I do have trouble facing the truth that some people seem to think that website identity assurance means that Comodo underwrites anything a website says/does. Is that what you were told krilin?

Dear krilin,
Comodo is a leading Certification Authority that helps enterprises and consumers address digital ecommerce needs with reliable third-generation solutions that authenticate digital transactions, content, and identities; enhance online trust; and create efficiencies across digital ecommerce operations. Comodo’s solutions include SSL certificates, desktop security solutions, authentication services and solutions, integrated web hosting management solutions, infrastructure services, digital e-commerce services, digital identity assurance and vulnerability management solutions.

As a leader in the digital security field, Comodo takes precautions to make sure that transactions through a vendor’s website are secure and are made in a fashion that is safe from third-party influence. Comodo does not regulate, control or monitor the business practices of any web site operator, nor do our services relate in any way whatsoever with the content of a particular web site . We cannot guarantee that the site’s actual operators are always acting with integrity and honesty in its business with the public. Ultimately, consumers must still decide which vendors should be trusted and dealt with on-line before conducting any sort of business there. Because we do not guarantee that a business owner is always acting honestly, Comodo’s warranties cannot cover transactions where you have misjudged the intentions of the site owner or where the site owner has acted badly.

If we are presented with allegations of fraud we will certainly investigate and take action to revoke the certificate if we find such action to be warranted, however, Comodo is not an insurer of bad investment sites or bad investment decisions and cannot guarantee that a site bearing our logo always has your best interests at heart. Please be sure to only transact with sites that you know and trust, regardless of the logos displayed.