Please take part in this Survey. We really appreciate your time.. thanks

Please take part in this very quick Survey from Comodo .
it will take you less than a minute and will help us a lot.

Thank you very very much!!

Melih

Evening,

1. If you would like us to send you more information on this or other Comodo offers, please provide your email below.
    […]email address

Needed more Character space in the box
cannot put my email address in

+1 space is to small

Xan

Melih, are you fixing the small space for e-mail-issue with the survey? Becaue I get to the main page for Vovici instead of the survey.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Working ok, but doesn’t apply to me. Thanks.

Im using Vista Ultimate x64 and CIS RC1 works great no bugs so far firewall 10/10 AV 10/10 updates 10/10 Ive tried AVG 8 ,Mcafee 2008 and Norton 360 and Comodo internet security works the best even integrates with Firefox 3 {Minefield} x64 and this is only the beta. Things can only get better. Great work to the Comodo team andThanx (:LOV) :BNC :■■■■

Hello all,

First time member, long time user. I think Comodo Firewall is one of the best firewalls I’ve ever used. The Defense+ features makes my system so secure, I haven’t had a need for an anti-virus program. Kudos!

I took the survey yesterday, apparently I forgot to post here to show I did! :stuck_out_tongue:

Few things that comodo must do!!

1. Advertise, Advertise and Advertise
  2. Must create a white list for common software’s >> like IE, Azureus, and all that
    u even don’t recognize Comodo Boclean as trusted application!!..
  3. Do study other softwares like norton and avg…how they try to keep the user free from antivirus handling
  4. your basic tray icon is gud withoud all time animation when online…
  5. Must Must provide offline update packages…like avg and norton…plz
  6. Do work on update section it doesn’t show any progress …why??? always stuck at 30%…
  7. A lot of other things are there to be done…
  8. Advertise next release
  9. make software with year tag CIS 2008 or CIS 2009…norton is getting too much attention due to its simplified naming (not versioning)…
  10. Do reply thanks if u liked my opinions

great suggestions :-TU

now what does this mean ;D

I don’t see how that would simplify it. Now it’s named CIS 3.x, isn’t that simple enough? In fact, those with year tags confuse me even more. Norton 2009 was released in 2008, and it’s usually the same with other products. Doesn’t make any sense to me…

[quote author=kapmate link=topic=23953.msg267663#msg267663 date=1239119370]
Few things that comodo must do!!

1. Advertise, Advertise and Advertise

[quote]

CIS is predominantly a free product. As there is no or little venue stream for it, where do yo think the money for advertising will come from?

2) Must create a white list for common software's >> like IE, Azureus, and all that u even don't recognize Comodo Boclean as trusted application!!....

+1 - I think all Comodo apps, providing they are digitally signed, should be trusted.

3) Do study other softwares like norton and avg......how they try to keep the user free from antivirus handling

You could always turn on the option to auto-quarantine and hidde the scheduled scan window. This would eliminate a lot of the user interaction.

5) Must Must provide offline update packages.....like avg and norton...plz

+1

6) Do work on update section it doesn't show any progress ........why???? always stuck at 30%.......

Are you saying your AV never gets updated?

7) A lot of other things are there to be done.....

A more detailed description than “A lot of other things …” would help. :wink:

8) Advertise next release

See (1) above.

9) make software with year tag CIS 2008 or CIS 2009........norton is getting too much attention due to its simplified naming (not versioning).................

Comodo will nametheir products as they see fit. They obviously don’t like the year-type naming scheme. Additionally, this year-type naming is used alot by rogue AVs.

10) Do reply thanks if u liked my opinions

Done!

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Are you saying your AV never gets updated?
me too always stuck at 30% 88) well, it eventually finish the update, but it always make a stop first at 30% progress bar

Check your I/O - it’s working in the background, just not telling you it is.

Ewen :slight_smile:

(V)

1. Comodo “Firewall” and “Defense+”, I am using on all my machines (3 XPs, plus VistaX1 only), at the recommendation of “PC World.com” (with mixed user reviews) at:
www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,63762-order,4/description.html
2. I’ve always used Antiviral software and kept it up to date. I’ve never had any problems, though a couple of “suspicious files” showed up on scans occasionally. But, I don’t spend a lot of time on-line. I just need to KNOW that something bad is not sneaking in, or compromising my machine/files–a comfort factor mainly! You have given me that.
3. All I’ve ever had to remove is various spy-ware, and these never seemed to cause any problems.
4. HOWEVER, I got TIRED of paying the annual fees for FIREWALL and other internal software monitoring software. [But what would happen if I didn’t keep up, and something “new” surfaced?] Bottom line, THANKS VERY MUCH COMODO! It has been a relief to use these 2 programs (if they do what they say they are doing!).
5. AH! That’s it! I found the LACK of pop-ups (messages) made we wonder if COMODO is really working or not. To start, I (as everyone) did see a lot of notifications; fewer after a 6-12 months. So, I kind of wonder what it is really doing now these days… [The logs don’t tell me much.] So, what I am saying is–an occasional notification is a GOOD thing, not bad.
6. I am assuming that the STEALTHING of Ports is actually occurring, and that is why I don’t get the pop-ups I used to get in the past about “attempted” connections.
7. QUESTION: Where does Comodo Firewall tell you that the Stealthing in truly ON? [All I find is where to set it on, and I do so, but the circle never stays filled in.]
8. Re. “The Survey.” I did it. It is good to know about this service, and its cost. [That Survey was actually free advertising–sneaky.] It is hard to justify paying for that service–when I am on-line so little, and when I have never had a problem. If I do develop a problem, though, that will change everything! For now, I just need reassurance. Got it.

In short, THANKS for your “Firewall” and “Defense+” applications, and for keeping them updated and FREE! I wish I understood some of the settings (Security Levels) better… Thanks for the updates, and for checking all of those files that I send you. I feel so much better now…
(:CLP)

I took the survey. Is that true, what they said? Can I have live support for $39?

Yes you can.

with the money saved from the free firewall and other stuff, use it to buy trustconnect.

I can’t do the survey. It says the account expired on April 29.

Says the same for me “This account: 34346 expired on 4/29/2009”

(I had noted the original poster for this topic updated his post this month so figured any survey might be active. Guess not.).

CFWonly

ps. If the survey was asking for suggestions, my suggestions are:

1.) offer Comodo Firewall as a Standalone option (and Without update notifications which seem to be meant just to get the user to download a whole suite of superfluous Comodo software items like Comodo’s AV etc.).

2.) provide some sort of explanation about what the Comodo Firewall icon is displaying (in my taskbar). At times the icon has green stuff or red stuff flickering on it, and sometimes a red circle on it. I guess this is enormously significant, almost scary and certainly distracting, but any explanations in the online help seem (to me) impossible to find.