Author Topic: Comodo Firewall or Online Armor (full version)  (Read 41166 times)

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
Re: OT 3
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:40 AM »
So, I guess CIS's inbound protection is better than my Edimax router's inbound protection and Windows XP firewall protection turned on?

It's very interesting I finally found the way how to disable router's protection if I want only for CIS to protect me from both inbound/outbound attacks. I simply went into DMZ and typed LAN's IP address.

But can you explain me why I have been never attacked seriously?
Basically I'm using router, Avira Antivirus (free) and Windows XP firewall turned on. I've never been infected, and I've been visiting truly all kinds of websites.
It just doesn't make any sense to me for the dangers you're talking about since I never experienced not a single one, never been infected.
I still don't understand this, by the post where you were describing dangers of surfing, despite malware is going more and more complex and tougher, I've never experienced such thing and again I'm only using router, Avira Antivirus (free) and Windows XP firewall turned on.
I wish anyone here can explain me this, I would be truly grateful.
Thanks to all.

Can you please explain how this post relates to the original topic?

You would be better to create a new topic to discuss whether any software firewall is necessary if you have an adequate hardware firewall and adequate anti-malware protecton.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline LeoniAquila

• Retired moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: OT 3
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2009, 06:35:47 AM »
Can you please explain how this post relates to the original topic?

You would be better to create a new topic to discuss whether any software firewall is necessary if you have an adequate hardware firewall and adequate anti-malware protecton.

Cheers,
Ewen :-)

He did continue here:

https://forums.comodo.com/computer_firewalls/is_an_outbound_firewall_really_needed-t36575.0.html;msg298097#msg298097

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek