Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209-Hotfix Released  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Black Angel

• Comodo's Hero
  • Virus Hunter
Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209-Hotfix Released
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:58:30 PM »
Hi All,
We have released a hot-fix on top of last released v6209 update.

Following is only fix:

Fixed:
- Upon update, older CIS versions (version 8.x and older), could find trusted vendor list affected. This could result in certain cases alerts for known safe applications as if they were unknown.

All users should receive update.

Note: After you update to this hot-fix, you will still find product version unchanged and staying at v6209.
This was fastest way to get updates out. So please bear with us.

Following are known issues as have been observed in last release:
Issue - A:
Many users have reported Comodo Security Agent could not be started problem upon system re-start.

Re-production:
This bug can not be produced always.

Reason:
Upon system re-start, cistray.exe could launch before Comodo services started.

Impact:
There is no security impact. You are still protected. You just do not see CIS interface.

Possible Workaround:
Step - 1: Try to launch CIS interface from desktop shortcut, if doesn't work try step-2.
Step - 2: See if you can locate CIS tray icon in system tray, exit and try to launch CIS interface as mentioned in Step-1, if doesn't work try Step-3
Step - 3: Locate cistray.exe in TaskManager, terminate and launch CIS interface as mentioned Step-1
-----------------------------------------------------------

Issue - B:
In Network Settings, IP4 and IP6 entry names could be distorted.

Re-production:
We have seen it happening with Windows Creators update preview build Win 10 1703 (build 15063) but have not been able to produce with newest Win 10 IP build 16170.

Impact:
There is no security impact. It's just the name issue. Network is still fully functional and you can make changes.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Next Steps:
- We will be making full CIS release by next week-end that will fix above mentioned issues.

Sorry for last update caused issues.

Thank you for your help and support.

Thanks
-umesh

Offline DLW

• Comodo Family Member
Re: Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6209-Hotfix Released
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »
I have just had a machine which told me to upgrade from 8 and allowed it to do so.  It seemed to get stuck in css_installer and I left it for a very long time.  In the end, because I couldn't do anything else, I rebooted and lo and behold 10 is up and running.  Mind you, I did get another prompt telling me that I had to do this install after it was completed.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek