How Long Until PrivDog Is Available As A Standalone Extension

I’d like to know how long until I can add PrivDog directly as an extension without having to download the installer. I would really like to see it as easy to add as Ghostery or AdBlockPlus.

Also, are there different timetables for adding this ability for Chromium based brosers, Firefox based browsers, and IE?

Thank you.

I’d like to know as well!

Something like a click once install crx similar to google extensions …

Ghostery ( by Evidon ) on Google Extensions Ghostery – Privacy Ad Blocker - Chrome Web Store

AdBlockPlus on Google Extensions Adblock Plus - free ad blocker - Chrome Web Store

And the same plugins on Mozilla Add-ons Extensions in Privacy & Security – Add-ons for Firefox (en-US)

… It certainly looks like Mozilla and Google are open to other companies adding to the extension / plugin content of their own sites.

I haven’t looked into if Microsoft will have a similar site endorsing extensions for IE, if there is one it probably just includes Bing and Silverlight ( as if Windows update trying to push them down our throats wasn’t enough ) :slight_smile:

There is a standalone download at the Adtrustmedia Priv Dog website. privdog.com

Current version appears to match the integrated extension in Dragon at v1.1.0.72.

The installer shows support for Chrome, Firefox, Dragon, and Ice Dragon. They report “Support for Internet Explorer to be available soon.” on the download page.

I’m still testing under Dragon, so haven’t tried under the other browsers. Pretty good results, so far, with a few intermittent problems with the Adtrustmedia website and slow page loads.

Overall :-TU

I’ve noticed that as well.

If you can replicate it please report it to them as a bug.

Thanks.

Hi All,

We’re looking into it.

Shane.

Are you referring to the slowdowns, or to releasing PrivDog as a standalone extension?

Thanks.

I was referring to the slow downloads.

Although, I don’t see any reason not to make the CRX and XPI available for download. We do not yet have Mac or Linux installers, so a direct link to the CRX will also give those users immediate access to PrivDog for Chrome and Firefox.

I’ll add this to the list of tasks for future releases.

Shane.

Thank you.