Author Topic: COMODO Programs Manager 1.3.2.21 Public Release  (Read 15062 times)

Offline Andrei Boghiu

• Comodo Member
  • Lead GUI Developer
    • Comodo
Re: COMODO Programs Manager 1.3.2.21 Public Release
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 03:17:36 AM »
We could not add this in this release because we are working on a better way of adding files (one at a time as we scan) on load that would eliminate the need for that.
Please wait for the next version.

Thank you.

Great release!
congrats but what happened to adding this?
http://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cpm/make-a-loading-screen-t73930.0.html

Offline liservik

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 03:44:12 AM »
Hi,
Manually installing the new CPM version on top of the old one, doesn't work?
Didn't know that so it is possible.
Thanks.

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »
I found today that when i want to unistall application I got

and few other people. CPM run uninstaller but didn't delete monitored entries.

Offline Alexandru Andrei

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
I found today that when i want to unistall application I got

and few other people. CPM run uninstaller but didn't delete monitored entries.

Hello,
This is the message shown when you uninstall a 'not monitored' application and you cancel the standard uninstall or it fails to complete. CPM detects the abnormal behavior, informs the user about this and asks if you simply want to remove the application from the ADD/Remove Programs' registry so it won't be shown in the list anymore.
Thank you.

Offline laserfan

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:01 AM »
I'm just here to say that as a new user of CPM, I'd wondered about the utility of the thing, seeing how it sits quietly and afaict wasn't doing much of anything. Then I had to uninstall a program, and responding too quickly to the "restart your computer NOW?" dialog I noticed there was still a directory left-over, and files, and I wondered what else. Well, looking at the Programs list I found Comodo still showed that the uninstall hadn't completed yet, and I ran the Uninstall in CPM and it got rid of those dirs plus a bunch of leftover registry keys. All of which I'm sure the program would not have uninstalled on its own.

Anyway I've used it again with another program, and again it removed dirs/files/keys that the program's own uninstaller would have left behind I'm sure.

So far I like CPM a lot, thanks!  :-TU

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 08:40:42 AM »
Same as Revo Uninstaller....
When it asks you to reboot, simply answer No and finish the procedure with CPM.

Offline laserfan

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »
Same as Revo Uninstaller.... When it asks you to reboot, simply answer No and finish the procedure with CPM.
Don't know Revo but yes, I know now to always answer No to "reboot now?".

I have used Ashampoo Uninstaller in the past, which is extraordinarily time-consuming in its uninstalls:

1. Take a complete system snapshot including AFAICT registry settings
2. Install the program in question
3. Take another system snapshot and compare the two, the difference is what the newly installed program did

Takes a long time, and you'd better not have any programs making system or registry changes or this utility will deep-six those when uninstalling again the program it monitored here.

I'd really love to see an explanation of how CPM monitors an installation. I'd also like to see a CPM feature (future enhancement?) which would show you exactly what changes the app made to your HDD.

Hmmm I just went to look at the uninstall log and it's gone. At least, I know I've seen it before but I can't find it now. Shouldn't it be in the program dir along with AppInfoLog.txt?

Offline Alexandru Andrei

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 05:38:46 AM »

Hi,

Don't know Revo but yes, I know now to always answer No to "reboot now?".

You could answer 'yes' as well, the application will appear as 'partially uninstalled' next time you open CPM.

I'd really love to see an explanation of how CPM monitors an installation.

Maybe you can find this post useful.

I'd also like to see a CPM feature (future enhancement?) which would show you exactly what changes the app made to your HDD.
The enhancement will be added in the future releases. Until then, you can make a workaround by checking the 'Force Uninstall' option from the 'Settings' tab. This will skip the build-in uninstaller and the files and registry that are for removal will be shown to the user. You can then 'Cancel ' the uninstall operation.

Thank you.

Offline laserfan

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 09:05:16 AM »
Maybe you can find this post useful.
I'd seen that AA but it doesn't explain how CPM knows what registry changes are being made for example. Oh well, I don't really need to know how CPM performs its magic I guess, so long as it works!

The enhancement will be added in the future releases. Until then, you can make a workaround by checking the 'Force Uninstall' option from the 'Settings' tab. This will skip the build-in uninstaller and the files and registry that are for removal will be shown to the user. You can then 'Cancel ' the uninstall operation.
Excellent, I will take a look!

Many thanks for your reply! :-TU
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:07:46 AM by laserfan »

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek