Author Topic: COMODO Programs Manager 1.2 build 106 Public Release BUG REPORTS  (Read 37188 times)

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Programs Manager 1.2 build 106 Public Release BUG REPORTS
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »
Hello,
The release has been delayed due to the database maintenance. It should not last too long.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

its no problem
any idea how long the maintenance will be? will the next release be next week sometime?
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Poor performance on high powered XP SP3 machine
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 05:35:48 AM »
Problem
1. CPM consumes nearly 100% CPU from load time onwards. This does not even stop after all programs are listed and calculations made and program is apparently inactive. It continues endlessly. This behavior is present on a plain vanilla XP SP3 VM as well as my production machine so is very unlikely to be a software interaction.

2. CPM take up to 30 minutes to list all programs on my production machine running at near 100% of CPU, and preventing other uses of machine. This machine is a 4GB RAM P4 3.0GHz (50% physical memory free), with plenty of spare disk (12Gb). Number of installed programs is 320. With CIS D+ and AV completely disabled this reduces to c15 minutes, still too slow IMHO, still at near 100% CPU. On a XP SP3 VM (VMware player) with only process explorer and Clipmate running apart from OS (40 installed programs, mainly standard Microsoft OS utilities & framework) the time taken is 14 minutes.

Requested Info
  • Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.5/5.8
  • How you produced the problem; Ran CPM. Settings are defaults, except 'take part in application contribute' is unticked (in both environments) and 'make backup of applications' is ticked (in VM but not on production machine). (Logging therefore is off).
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Tried exempting CPM.exe from CIS monitoring on production machine. This helped - disabling D+ 'permanently' and rebooting plus disabling CIS AV reduced time to load program list to c14 mins. However near 100% CPU usage still continued after CPM had stopped doing anything.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; Thread involved in extended CPU usage appears to be: CPM.exe!CheckVersionAppAndApplySecondMethod+0x60bd0. Suspending this thread resolves CPU consumption when program inactive, re-instating thread causes problem to return.

Offline laserfan

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Poor performance on high powered XP SP3 machine
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 08:40:31 AM »
CPM consumes nearly 100% CPU from load time onwards.

Dunno that yours is bug but rather a problem that needs its own discussion thread under Help.

Something's very wrong for sure; on my system CPM lists 88 programs, 412 drivers/services, and 99 Windows features in under 30 seconds, utilizing 25% of my quadcore cpu while preparing the list. I too have CIS running...

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »
Dunno that yours is bug but rather a problem that needs its own discussion thread under Help.

Something's very wrong for sure; on my system CPM lists 88 programs, 412 drivers/services, and 99 Windows features in under 30 seconds, utilizing 25% of my quadcore cpu while preparing the list. I too have CIS running...

The same symptoms occur on a plain XP virtual machine (VMware player). I have now confirmed they still occur with no third party software loaded - just the OS, Vmware and process explorer. (I use Killswitch on my production machine so even process explorer is eliminated). So, this is not likely to be software environment dependent.

Nor is it likely to be dependent on anything special in my hardware - my machine is pretty much as standard as it could be, a Dell 8400 with standard issue graphics card. SATA RAID (standard Dell issue) is perhaps a little unusual, but I guess that should help not hinder.

My CIS settings (now 5.8, but the high CPU usage happened with 5.3-5) are proactive config defaults on the VM too (and close to defaults on the production machine) , but in any case the symptoms persist even if all CIS monitoring from all modules is disabled.

Continued major CPU usage when CPM is disabled has to be wrong I think?

So if its not a bug it's something very very strange.

My system is quite powerful for an XP machine, but of course yours is probably at least 10x the speed, and I have 3x the number of apps installed. OS two generations different too - Win7 probably has an indexed app catalogue unlike XP. I guess these facts may account for the differences.

Best wishes

Mouse
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:58:55 AM by mouse1 »

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 01:20:45 PM »
Problem
1. CPM consumes nearly 100% CPU from load time onwards. This does not even stop after all programs are listed and calculations made and program is apparently inactive. It continues endlessly. This behavior is present on a plain vanilla XP SP3 VM as well as my production machine so is very unlikely to be a software interaction.

2. CPM take up to 30 minutes to list all programs on my production machine running at near 100% of CPU, and preventing other uses of machine. This machine is a 4GB RAM P4 3.0GHz (50% physical memory free), with plenty of spare disk (12Gb). Number of installed programs is 320. With CIS D+ and AV completely disabled this reduces to c15 minutes, still too slow IMHO, still at near 100% CPU. On a XP SP3 VM (VMware player) with only process explorer and Clipmate running apart from OS (40 installed programs, mainly standard Microsoft OS utilities & framework) the time taken is 14 minutes.

Requested Info
  • Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 32bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.5/5.8
  • How you produced the problem; Ran CPM. Settings are defaults, except 'take part in application contribute' is unticked (in both environments) and 'make backup of applications' is ticked (in VM but not on production machine). (Logging therefore is off).
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Tried exempting CPM.exe from CIS monitoring on production machine. This helped - disabling D+ 'permanently' and rebooting plus disabling CIS AV reduced time to load program list to c14 mins. However near 100% CPU usage still continued after CPM had stopped doing anything.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; N/A
  • Any other Additional Information; Thread involved in extended CPU usage appears to be: CPM.exe!CheckVersionAppAndApplySecondMethod+0x60bd0. Suspending this thread resolves CPU consumption when program inactive, re-instating thread causes problem to return.

Just to note that this appears resolved in 1.3 Beta, at least on my virtual machine

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »
Just to note that this appears resolved in 1.3 Beta, at least on my virtual machine

However another performance problem has arisen. Please see Beta Bug reports

Best wishes

Mouse

Offline adastro

Re: COMODO Programs Manager 1.2 build 106 Public Release BUG REPORTS
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »
The Comodore Programs manager just won't install,. Process halts on different steps. One time it does not start unpacking. Other time it halts after agreeing the license, finally it also halts sometimes on next step, when showing the installation folder. (I do not change anything but just click OK)

Regards

/fredrik

- Security Software Installed; Win 7 pro (64)
- How you produced the problem; Trying to install
- How you tried to resolve the problem; Retrying
- Screen-shots with the error (if any); --
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; --
- All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; --
- Any other Additional Information: Disabled McAfee Internet Security realtime protection but it did not help

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek