Author Topic: COMODO Programs Manager 1.2 build 106 Public Release BUG REPORTS  (Read 37128 times)

Offline Alexandru Andrei

• Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Programs Manager 1.2 build 106 Public Release BUG REPORTS
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 03:55:45 AM »
there is no minidump folder ?

Please go to 'Advanced System Settings', in the 'Advanced' Tab go to 'Startup and Recovery' Settings and at
'Write Debug Information' select 'Small Memory Dump'. You can now try to reproduce the issue and collect the dump file.
Thank you.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 04:33:20 AM »
ok thanks for the help. if i can reproduce the bug i will edit my original post and attach the mini dump
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline RPLStrike

• Comodo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to report a possible bug.

Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit):
Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 32bits

Security Software Installed:
CIS

How you produced the problem:
prob 1. I clicked on Windows Updates tab and no update are listed
prob 2. In the Program tab, I select Orbit Downloader and clicked complete uninstall but a dialog box appears that ask to uninstall another program that is dependent on Orbit Downloader but these program are independent from each other.

How you tried to resolve the problem:
Yes, I've tried to reinstall the CPM

Screen-shots attached

RPLStrike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline George-Silviu Blendea

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 10:20:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to report a possible bug.

Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit):
Windows 7 Ultimate sp1 32bits

Security Software Installed:
CIS

How you produced the problem:
prob 1. I clicked on Windows Updates tab and no update are listed
prob 2. In the Program tab, I select Orbit Downloader and clicked complete uninstall but a dialog box appears that ask to uninstall another program that is dependent on Orbit Downloader but these program are independent from each other.

How you tried to resolve the problem:
Yes, I've tried to reinstall the CPM

Screen-shots attached

RPLStrike

Hello,

We would appreciate if could you please tell us the status of the two dependent applications (Monitored or DB Monitored).
Also, could you tell us how the two applications were installed: did you install them successively or did they come in a bundle; the CPM version you used to monitor the applications (if their status is Monitored)?
Thank you for your report.

Offline RPLStrike

• Comodo Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
Hello,

We would appreciate if could you please tell us the status of the two dependent applications (Monitored or DB Monitored).
Also, could you tell us how the two applications were installed: did you install them successively or did they come in a bundle; the CPM version you used to monitor the applications (if their status is Monitored)?
Thank you for your report.

The two applications are both monitored and it comes with their own installer not bundled. At first I installed Orbit Downloader and used it to download the Pidgin when the download was finished, I run the installer and install Pidgin. There goes the problem when I complete uninstall Orbit Downloader. My CPM version is 1.2.188360.106

Thanks

RPLStrike

Offline RoloX2

• Comodo Family Member
  • DON'T PANIC!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
- Win7 x64
- avast! 6

- Attempt to uninstall Revo Uninstaller free crashed CPM; CPM x.106 was installed today, Revo was installed two months ago when PC was built, showed as "DB Monitored".  NOTE: CPM removed Revo on another older machine which has CIS rather than avast! installed.

- Reboot, attempted again, still failed.  Didn't have time to check logs.  Installed another uninstaller product to remove Revo successfully.

- Attempt to uninstall Java update 22 (updated to 24, had two entries) stuck in loop for 10 mins, gave up, used other product.

I really want to adopt CPM exclusively but it's instability prevent that and my even mentioning it to clients.
Win10x64 Pro, i5-2500K 4.2GHz, Zalman 9900MAX, Mushkin 8GB DDR3-2133, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, Asus GTX660Ti, Crucial m4 128GB SSD, WD 2TB FAEX, 2xSeagate 2TB Green, Enermax Evo 1250W, APC RS1500, Antec 1200, Fire Engine Red Swingline 747

Offline RoloX2

• Comodo Family Member
  • DON'T PANIC!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
- Win7 x64
- CIS

CPM 1.2.188360.106 hangs on "Loading application files list..." when trying to uninstall (monitored) CSC beta--Oh, wait, it isn't hung: there's a window asking me if I want to reboot, which is completely covered by the seemingly hung main window.  The reboot prompt should seize focus/Z-order.

Additionally, I had to run CPM again after reboot to remove the "partially installed" CSC.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:59:28 PM by RoloX2 »
Win10x64 Pro, i5-2500K 4.2GHz, Zalman 9900MAX, Mushkin 8GB DDR3-2133, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, Asus GTX660Ti, Crucial m4 128GB SSD, WD 2TB FAEX, 2xSeagate 2TB Green, Enermax Evo 1250W, APC RS1500, Antec 1200, Fire Engine Red Swingline 747

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
- Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit); windows 7 pro 32
- Security Software Installed; comodo firewall
- How you produced the problem; i had opera next installed on my computer which are the beta builds for opera. the final release was released so i installed it hoping it installed over opera next but it didnt so i uninstalled the final release and opera next with CPM and rebooted to remove everything. then after reboot i reinstalled opera final and rebooted later and CPM for some reason performed its force delete before boot and deleted my opera install.
- How you tried to resolve the problem; deleted forcedelete.txt and cnat.exe
- Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
- All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; attatched
- Any other Additional Information; this seemes to be a problem with this http://forums.comodo.com/help-cpm/after-uninstall-performing-forced-delete-is-starting-on-every-windows-startup-t72858.0.html

the force delete is happening every boot even though all the files are already deleted

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:54:00 PM by wasgij6 »
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline George-Silviu Blendea

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:29 AM »
- Your Operating System (and whether it's 32bit/64bit); windows 7 pro 32
- Security Software Installed; comodo firewall
- How you produced the problem; i had opera next installed on my computer which are the beta builds for opera. the final release was released so i installed it hoping it installed over opera next but it didnt so i uninstalled the final release and opera next with CPM and rebooted to remove everything. then after reboot i reinstalled opera final and rebooted later and CPM for some reason performed its force delete before boot and deleted my opera install.
- How you tried to resolve the problem; deleted forcedelete.txt and cnat.exe
- Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
- All log files of CPM, if you had logs enabled; attatched
- Any other Additional Information; this seemes to be a problem with this http://forums.comodo.com/help-cpm/after-uninstall-performing-forced-delete-is-starting-on-every-windows-startup-t72858.0.html

the force delete is happening every boot even though all the files are already deleted

Hello,

Indeed these two behaviors have the same source. The problem has been fixed and will not occur in the next release.
Thank you.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »
Hello,

Indeed these two behaviors have the same source. The problem has been fixed and will not occur in the next release.
Thank you.

good to hear
any eta for the next release?

Offline Alexandru Andrei

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 09:43:15 AM »
good to hear
any eta for the next release?

Hello,
The next version will be released very soon, in a week at most.
Thank you for your support.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 01:20:37 PM »
Hello,

thanks for the quick update. cant wait for the release. i love this program

Offline morphiusz

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Suspicious file?
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »
And i'm sure that it will be this s :-X y paid and free version with some features removed :/

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 02:05:53 AM »
Hello,

what happened to the release?

Offline Alexandru Andrei

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 05:26:09 AM »
what happened to the release?

Hello,
The release has been delayed due to the database maintenance. It should not last too long.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek