Comodo IceDragon ver. 20.0.1 is now available for download!!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that an update for Comodo IceDragon is available for download!

What’s new:

• IceDragon is based on Firefox 20.0.1.
  • added low-validation certificates detection.
  • added Omnibar feature.
  • added Duplicate tab feature.

What’s fixed:

• The default browser dialog is displayed after manual update or repair.
  • Context-menu option to remove ‘Virtual mode’ button now exists.
  • The “Back” and “Forward” buttons switch places when changing to a RTL (right to left ) language.
  • some GUI issues.

Low-validation certificates detection overview

Most browsers’ user interfaces don’t clearly differentiate between low-validation certificates and those that have undergone more rigorous vetting. A low-validation certificate only checks that the applicant is the domain name owner, but doesn’t verify the legal identity of the website owner.
Certificates that verify only the domain name of a site, are now detected in IceDragon. They are highlighted by a different icon (a padlock with a warning sign next to it) in the identity box. Also, more information can be found in the identity popup( shown when clicking the warning padlock icon ).

Omnibar feature overview

It combines the address bar and search bar into one. The new icon added in the urlbar makes it very easy to change the search engine.
Features like autocomplete text search are present in the urlbar. Omnibar can be disabled by right-clicking on the navigation bar, uncheck ‘Enable Omnibar’.

Duplicate tab feature overview

A new tab option is present in the tab context menu. It can be used by right-clicking on a tab and then click the ‘Duplicate Tab’ item.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Importing data during the installation of Comodo IceDragon may not work in some cases.
  • GUI issues when using personas and themes.
  • GUI issues in Web developer tools.
  • Other minor GUI issues.

BUG REPORTS:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cid-b284.0/ to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

DOWNLOAD LOCATIONS:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/icedragon/icedragonsetup.exe

Size: 32.8 MB (34,402,552 bytes)
MD5: d38cbfe8eabc5238b5a2cece5b21c78a
SHA1: 8660e8685c5149464601f82d5374af1a6ce8a13b

Thanks for the update, Comodo moving forward. :-TU
Your time is appreciated.

…thanx, workin’ normally as usual…

Congratulations with the release. Downloading it now.

Thank you very much! ;D :-TU

Doesn’t working for me. Clicking “option” will make the browser freeze. I have done complete fresh install, still persist.

Win 8 x64

Just installed, i like the new version a lot. I havent had CID installed since v17 i think. My only complaint is the theme, i dont like it. Its to small and cramped. I remember CD being the same way when it was first released. Then they created a great new theme. Now its time for CID to get a nice new theme.

:rocks:

Hello,

Try to disable the hardware acceleration from “about:config” internal page.
The preference name is “layers.acceleration.disabled”. You have to change the value from ‘false’ to ‘true’.

Thank you.

are you guys planning on adding a search engine switcher to regular dragon like the one you guys have for ice dragon or like IE has

Thank you, this solved freeze issues I was having. :-TU

Thank you! It’s working fine when I clicked on AdBlock Plus > Filter Preference, it will open new window, no freezing. That’s what I am looking for. This solved freeze issues I was having, Thank you! :-TU ;D

thanks for the update :-TU

I would like to see tooltip when hovering with mouse over “Virtual Browsing” and Minimize-Maximize-Close buttons.