Author Topic: Comodo EasyVPN Wishlist  (Read 78917 times)

Offline eyelind

Re: Comodo EasyVPN Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:08 AM »
Please make eVPN able to transmit sound and add support for the mouse wheel when using Remote Desktop.  ;D

Thanks.

Offline UncleDoug

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
Just installed EasyVPN to compare it. No buddies yet in EasyVPN but did in Yahoo, AIM and MSN. Have 2 different accounts in GTalk but only used it once.
 Several similar features and smooth running as is the Protocol I use !  :-TU  
Should have remembered Yahoo only allows one login (tried to login from EasyVPN and from the other multi protocol IM program I use.) No problem with AIM and MSN

1) Although I have show alias / nickname at least on my PC (users PC) the full name is shown.  Could the option to show the users current alias be added.  Which brings me to the 2nd option

2) Add the ability to have more than one alias with the same email address.  I know running two or more aliases at the same time would be confusing with all the buddies and how to respond to each.  But one alias at a time should be do able.

3) There are dozens of IM protocols around the world that others would like added.  But no one as added just the basic multiprotocol different IMs such as meebo, Trillion, Qnext, etc.
 Yahoo, MSN, AIM, GTalk, Jabber, etc are already included in EasyVPN.

4) An option for scanning all download files and uploads by simply browsing to the users anti malware file location and selecting it.  It may be your relative but where did they get the file video or song?

5) Group Chat between different IM Protocols, and as was asked earlier Translation ability.

Thanks
UncleDoug

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:51:18 PM by UncleDoug »

Offline Alexander_Doni

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »
There are a lot of wonderful ideas on this topic!!! Anyway I have a wish too. I use COMODO Unite and of course I have a network but some people in the network is almost zero with computers, anyway I would like to keep each computer up-to-date with new Unite versions so I wish you can add a real update function because when I click on check now it always says me you already have the last version installed but it isn't true  ;D so Santa Claus I hope you can give me this present!!!!  :a0

Offline markspace

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 05:35:35 AM »
Since the multi protocol IM support was added, I 'd wish the option to check your email through the according accounts to be added (e.g. for yahoo and gmail). Very helpful option when you use unite both as your main IM.

Offline metalac-os

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 06:05:36 PM »
First I must say that you did great job. I will never again use hamachi because this is perfect program! Must say thanks to the authors!! Now i have only two wishes if I am allowed to wish something after so much hard work to create this wonderful program...

1. Ability do add custom smileys
2. Conference chat window - pictures of members on the right side are too big, it would be nice to have 3 options for that like: list, thumbnails and large pictures like now. And scroll of that list should work with mouse scroll wheel because its hard to hit that little arrow....

Many thanks for the program once again!!

Offline alfonsofeliz

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »
Comodo Unite for Linux (specifically ubuntu) :)

Offline ccarcit

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »
Allow sorting of clients in Network view. And possibly a way to export the list for each network to CSV, including details about user, host name, IP, OS... etc.

Offline danrulz98

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
Increased reliability...

Offline Kyle

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 06:23:47 AM »
Comodo Unite on Linux.

hamachi is really the only "reliable" and feature restricted VPN service on linux. Sure there are others, but no where near that of the quality of Comodo unite\VPN.

it would be much appreciated..
Windows 7 x64
AMD FX 8120, 8gb ram, ATI 6870 1gb

Offline szametu

• Comodo's Hero
    • All what you need to know about VPN based software
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »
remobo ? try it ;)

Offline rikke

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »
-a reliable connection and/or other ways to initiate network (google talk, jabber,...) i tested unite for several weeks and several times connection was not possible because server was down. if other means were possible, one could set up his own server or use other public trackers
-on xp sp3 the start as service and the automatic start are crappy and do not work. the service starts but unite has to be started manually. this should be fixed
-as screen sharing has already been brought to near perfection, integrate a vnc solution for speedy screensharing
-an option to connect to a remote computer via rdp would be nice, insteat of having to copy the ip adress to rdp manually

for the moment i stick with gbridge. i ve been using it for a few years now with only 1 connection problem in this time. it is compact and concentrates on connecting computers together, integrates vnc and rdp, even a remote backup. but most important : it works, all the time, fast.
just one downside : development seems to have stopped.

so please continue developing unite so it becomes even better than gbridge: connecting computers together in a private network is a great and secure alternative to putting everything "in the cloud", not to forget the possibillity to help others from a distance to solve problems, sharing files and playing games.

my 2 cents

Offline szametu

• Comodo's Hero
    • All what you need to know about VPN based software
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
c u works fine on my xp with sp3. no problem with comodo and - or service. have you try to add cu to  startup list ?

Offline rikke

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
yes, i have, but with no succes
as my computers log on auto at startup, i even disabled "as service"(wich is weird because service still runs in processes after disabeling service and restarting computer?) , left "at windows startup", also removed "at windows startup" and put it manually in windows startup list. no succes until manual launch of unite...(not tested on all 3 win xp sp 3 computers though)
btw : also running avira for antivirus and comodo firewall for ... yeah firewall.

unite has the potential to be great, so with a little effort...
and please port it to other os s like linux so everybody can enjoy

2 cents more

Offline danrulz98

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
1) Reliable operation

Offline Litster25

• Comodo Family Member
Any way to add another IM Program in the future? [Merged]
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2012, 10:29:04 PM »
Like Skype?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:35:42 PM by wasgij6 »