Author Topic: Comodo EasyVPN 1.0.64783.50 released.  (Read 23703 times)

Offline LaserWraith

• pillow fighting fool
  • Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I'm going to go out with a bang
Re: Comodo EasyVPN 1.0.64783.50 released.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 03:32:27 PM »
Hi,

This issue has been rectified.  We are currently investigation the source of this problem.

Regards,
Shane.

So can you keep us posted about this?  Thanks. :)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
ok.. here is what happened..

we have a staging server that our web designers use.. they post the stuff there to show internally etc.. and test etc.. once oked then they copy whats there and put it into live servers...

that paritcular server was hacked... cos web desig team has not put that into our production environments and has not gone thru our usual process of protection.... (naughty naughty...)..

so what happened was, web design guys copied everything from hacked server and put it live on the production one... however, the good thing was, none of the comprimise was effective.. it was just some scripts and signature based systems would pick it as comprimised site, but actually easyvpn site was not hacked nor any information was comprimised..we got in touch with google and asked them re-evaluate their result.. we hope they will do it soon..

thanks
Melih

Offline Commanding The Celsius

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • ^^^^
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »
Hello EasyVPN team!

Iam just trying out EasyVPN for the first time, with the cool member JoWa.
Good work, Seems stable and all that, and its nice to hear its sending the info encrypted!

My girlfriend like to try it as well.. So I told her were to get it..

If she says anything of interest then I will share her thoughts here as well.. The GUI is a lot like MSN however so I think she will not have a too hard time understanding it! =)  :-TU :-TU

ok.. here is what happened..

we have a staging server that our web designers use.. they post the stuff there to show internally etc.. and test etc.. once oked then they copy whats there and put it into live servers...

that paritcular server was hacked... cos web desig team has not put that into our production environments and has not gone thru our usual process of protection.... (naughty naughty...)..

so what happened was, web design guys copied everything from hacked server and put it live on the production one... however, the good thing was, none of the comprimise was effective.. it was just some scripts and signature based systems would pick it as comprimised site, but actually easyvpn site was not hacked nor any information was comprimised..we got in touch with google and asked them re-evaluate their result.. we hope they will do it soon..

thanks
Melih

Ouch.. Sounds nasty! xO

Offline JoWa

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I believe in doubt.
    • Evolutionary history of life
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 11:41:24 AM »
I wonder what's new in 1, 0, 65297, 58. 88)
Ubuntu 19.04 | Chrome 73β | HTTPS Everywhere | Privacy Badger
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek