When can we expect the New Version 3.00?.

??? What has happened regrards the new version 3.00 which was supposed to come out in March according to the devs in previous posts?. Does anyone have a clue whats going on with its development as its been in beta 2.9 since September 2011 :cry: a long time and it still has a major flaw in that tests have shown certain rootkits remain when it is reverted to another snapshot and still not fixed?.

Regards
Dave1234.

its been in beta 2.9 since September 2011
Actually 2.9beta was out in Sept., 2010 ! ;)

Be patient, give Razvan and his team a bit more time, Iā€™m sure they would come out with a solid version.

It would be churlish not to be patient given the pricetag of the program, however Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who would be grateful for an updated ETA.

CTM could make a huge difference to my plans, but not not sure how to plan as I have no idea whether the timeframe is something we can hold out for or not, leaving me in limbo a bit.

Gā€™day all,

While I canā€™t answer all of your questions with the degree of clarity you would like, I can disclose the following;

Firstly, the impending CTM3 is in no way related to CTM 2.9 beta. CTM 3.X is being totally redeveloped - it will be a totally new application.

CTM3 will be first released to a private beta. The first cut will not be a public beta. The developers would like the initial beta testing round to be done in audited, controlled environments. This is because they want to eliminate as many real world bugs and hiccups as possible before it is released to public beta.

While the original planned release to private beta was March, it has been put back due to more intensive internal alpha testing.

There are no screenshots available.

There are no technical details available.

I realize how frustrating this wait is for all (and I count myself in your number). As soon as the private testers have information that Comodo says they can make publicly available, it will be posted ASAP onto the CTM beta board. A separate topic will be created for this.

The developers are well aware of everyoneā€™s high levels of anticipation and would like to thank all for their collective patience.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Ewen :slight_smile:
Butā€¦ a completely new applicationā€¦ Is the snapshot technology the same? I mean, the core of the product is kept, isnā€™t it?

Probably not in the way weā€™re expecting (basically, theyā€™re developing their OWN snapshot technology instead of using code of one that already exists). Also, I expect it to be 2-3 years before a new version is available.

2-3 years??

Sorry, but youā€™re simply wrong.

Halve the dosage. :wink:

Funny how quickly 2 to 3 years passes. 88) LOL

Note 1 : This may not be the final GUI, but they are trying to get a Metro feel to the app.

Note 2 : There are no more screenshots or info available at this time. - you now have all the info we have. :wink:

Note 3 : There is still no firm delivery date for alpha, beta or release versions.

Thanks again for your patience.

[attachment deleted by admin]

My major curiosity is what is behind the button: ā€œSettingsā€ :slight_smile:

+1 and the manage tab

Itā€™s candy. Sweet, sweet candy. :a0

That is very kind of you that you share at least 1 pic of the new version :-TU :-TU Thank you very much.

Alright then. Iā€™m sorry for saying 2-3 years. Its just that its been so long since a new version that Iā€™ve lost all hope. But now I have some hope after seeing that screenshot. I hope that itā€™ll be available in some form by the end of this year.

I bet it will be here in 2-3 weeks :wink: At least as a private BETA

probably closer to 3 to 4 weeks for the private beta. cant wait

Iā€™m betting it will be here when it arrives. :wink:

Software development schedules are universally made of elastic.

To be honest, I feel like a little kid at Christmas, busting to get a giftā€¦in this case CTM:)

I am really excited about CTM 3, and whenever it if finished, it will be great Iā€™m sure:)

Looks slick graphically - canā€™t wait for a version we can use with our set-ups! Really hope the bugs from v.2 are nicely ironed out

I am going to make a guess that CTM version 3.0 will not be released until very late 2012, maybe around November or December 2012.

This sweet new and I like the preview UI of CTM 3.0 :slight_smile: Tell the developer they are doing a great job! :-TU