When are Comodo going to fix the Malware bypass that they are aware of?.

??? Hi Guys. It just occurred to me that over a month ago CTM was tested for a bypass of malware over several versions and failed just as every other app of its type did apart from Shadow defender. This concerns me greatly as first off i remember a Comodo spokesperson stating it would be fixed in another version.

Do the forum members not agree that is a lot of water under the bridge that has passed time wise, and it should have been fixed by now?.This is potentially bad news and i personally believe that there is not a lot of acceptable excuses available i reckon as to why it should not have been dealt with unless Comodo have being having some trouble in dealing with the fix which can happen i suppose.

Apart from that i have no concerns about the Software itself/ usability, which is and has been a lifesaver for me, and also use Cis 5 rc2 which is awsome.

Regards
Dave1234.

+1
CTM development is very very slow…

Developing takes time. It is not that malware makers are targeting CTM. A leak in Flash of Quick Time plug ins for example are more serious as they are widely used. Flash Player is a known attack vector for them malware makers.

I wish CTM was widely used. In fact, a very attractive technology in my opinion.

it may be an attractive technology ,but from what i can make out it isnt a very stable one at all.i have seen very negative responses to this program and apparently it alters an important boot record on your hard drive which in many occasions has caused healthy computers to be nothing more than expensive paperweights!!!. i really dont see why people feel the need for this program when windows does exactly the same with system restore!!.i would rather opt for software like returnil or shadow defender which dont corrupt your hard drive. bye for now. (:WAV) :comodo110:

It’s not the same, even closer.
Windows System Restore is very limited to executables/drivers.
CTM is a full snapshot system restore.
Indeed, not a stable technology yet.
Development too slow also.

also is get to know many damaged computers and system restore have never worked
and in some cases system restore bring back old viruses alrealy cleaned

I sincerely feel bad for folks that can’t use this. On a desktop XP SP3 and on a laptop Vista I’ve only ever had one issue in 11 months. That was on the LT and I recovered fine with Paragon. CTM is so convenient! I never “un-install” software anymore. Take a snapshot before install, if the app is buggy or I don’t like it, I reboot. It has also saved me from a few glitches from MS patch Tuesdays. I only keep a few snapshots and delete older ones and defrag with the built in defragger and everything works great. Once a month I un-install, defrag my system and make a Paragon image, then re-install CTM. And yes, Windows system restore is a joke and not even reliable anyway, at least on XP.

hi.
i have tried CTM on a 32-bit machine but apparently it doesnt work very well in 64-bit.
its interesting you say that system restore is a joke.
i installed a program called hostsman just yesterday and it seized my machine up.for what reason i dont know.
point is system restore saved the day.

many thanks.

bye for now.

“… very attractive technology” - yes
… but very poorly implemented compare to several similar Software
It has to go into a Trash Bin together with Comodo’s Sys-Reg Cleaner / Encryption / SandBox/ … etc. (AV included - my personal opinion) :-TD

Cheers!

You talk like everybody is an expert user and never get bored of the D+ full popup mode
try not to see all things from you point of view, you said sandbox is a trash? i think you are talking about the auto sandbox, i also think its implemented in a very annoy way, but it’s not trash, is a very good way to keep clean a computer not only for the average user, for everybody even expert, remember that almost no software is auto-sandboxed, only barely know software and unsigned ones,
and even if is inside they will run without problem, with the actual version, because i also know when the auto sandbox was implemented in v4, almost no software work in it, but in the v5 which have the “partially limited lvl” there is almost no problems

Thanks for the reply, kinemitor

Can you tell me, please how that is possible not seeing anything from ones point of view as a whole concept, ???
& including the fact that I have sound experience in Software development, which is more sophisticated & has mach more dangerous outcome in case being written wrongly ( human lives depend on that )… than any “PC security paranoia”?

No, I am not talking about any “auto-” I am talking about the whole concept implementation by Comodo being wrong & leaking

As for the “Trash” term … well , neither you nor the developers should not be offended…
I am sure & I posted numerous time I have no doubts about their ability & skills - they can do much better job
I was talking about that way long before this “so called sandbox” was released
Many users who tested the thing after the release were posting things like (not a precise quote): “…go back to the drawing table & redevelop it having decent existing SandBoxing as an example…”
Indeed!
So, no mater what is your experience / expertise / skills - you do know for sure -
sometimes, when you try to achieve something whether it is programming or anything else that can come to your mind … you can try to fix / patch / improve / and so on & so forth … but then there is a point where you have to understand - that is impossible & will go forever …time to go “back to the drawing table” & redevelop from scratch

well it can be done behind the scene … & take time, but the main point is - eventually you have to throw the old badly done development away and present a new one

… what would be an appropriate term for the place where one is “throwing away” old/ incorrect/ unneeded / etc. stuff?

Please tell me what would be a different & “less offensive” term & I will agree , but the essence of it will remain the same … hmmm… 88)

“Almost” ? What that suppose to mean :wink:
Please test it against real serious malware , but not against just “currently unknown” legit Applications…

Cheers!

You talk like everybody is an expert user and never get bored of the D+ full popup mode try not to see all things from you point of view, you said sandbox is a trash? i think you are talking about the auto sandbox, i also think its implemented in a very annoy way, but it’s not trash, is a very good way to keep clean a computer not only for the average user, for everybody even expert, remember that almost no software is auto-sandboxed, only barely know software and unsigned ones, and even if is inside they will run without problem, with the actual version, because i also know when the auto sandbox was implemented in v4, almost no software work in it, but in the v5 which have the "partially limited lvl" there is almost no problems
no need to [s]disrespectfu[/s]l, if you don't like the way siberlynx post then just ignore it :) ********It was a poor choice of word, my bad :(*********

what part was disrespectful? i only anwered my opinion about what he said before something like that
“if the user dont run malware the he dont even need an antivirus”
but the antivirus exist because the user dont know when he runs malware so it have no sence