Poll

Do you want that Comodo Time Machine continue to be developed?

Yes, please, save and keep the technology on.
No. It's not necessary, I'll use whatever Microsoft make for Windows 8.
Never mind, I use other product (concurrence).

Author Topic: Save Comodo Time Machine!  (Read 376457 times)

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Save Comodo Time Machine! Poll to keep it alive
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2011, 06:46:28 PM »
What I'm asking is how many votes must this poll collect to change anything in the situation?

None...

Polls are for the entertainment of the forum users. They have no relevance as to whether or not Comodo will continue development on any product.

Since CTM is a free application, it's completely up to Comodo to decide where their development money is best utilized. Users have absolutely no say in this, regardless of how bad they want a product to continue.

Unless a user starts footing the bill for development, we're completely at the whims of Comodo.

But by all means, continue voting if it makes you feel better. :)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »
Users have absolutely no say in this
Is this the Comodo policy? ???
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »
Users have influence. Comodo surely has a listening ear for popular demand but will not always follow that. This doesn't mean I would be for or against continuation of CTM.

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »

Comodo do play close attention to what the users are saying. This does not make it complusory on their behalf to comply. There are many, many organizational, developmental and commercial factors that need to be also taken into consideration.

Ewen :-)

Edit : Oops - forgot the "not"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:34:13 PM by panic »
As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2011, 11:31:38 PM »

Absolutely not.

I'm just saying that if Comodo decides it is no longer feasible (for whatever reason...) to continue to develop a freebie, no amount of user voting is going to change that.

Comodo is well aware of what the users want to see, but ultimately Comodo is a business and needs to make tough decisions based on many more factors than just the wants of the users.

Offline kinemitor

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2011, 11:42:28 PM »
i dont know if i wan to say it but curiously the last 5 replies are from moderators
nothing importand continue the debate....

Offline james321888

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2011, 11:56:47 PM »
Polls are more than " entertaining ", it provides a platform for people to express their views on certain matters of concern. Though sometimes participants in polls have acted a bit over-enthusiastically and thus appear entertaining.

I think CTM's latest/last release has been stable and with no major bugs on the Operating Platforms that it supports. Users have to appreciate the fact that it's been provided as a " freeware " !  Even in the case if development is (temporarily) halted one could still use it for a long period of time. Not to mention if Once every now and then a new release is put forward, that indeed would be " Cheerful " !

p.s. users who find problems using CTM should first do a thorough scrutiny of their OS and watch the conditions that CTM should be used with.
" When someone gives you a horse to ride for free, don't feed it with gas instead of grass, and be grateful ! "         " Folks, pls. SHOW your efforts by reading related Topics on the CTM forum and trust what you read. "

Offline Luc[y]

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
voted yes ;)

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
Users have influence.
Thanks.

Comodo surely has a listening ear for popular demand but will not always follow that.
Sure, of course.

Comodo do play close attention to what the users are saying. This does not make it complusory on their behalf to comply. There are many, many organizational, developmental and commercial factors that need to be also taken into consideration.
Thanks Ewen... That's the way we see programs development and collaboration.

I'm just saying that if Comodo decides it is no longer feasible (for whatever reason...) to continue to develop a freebie, no amount of user voting is going to change that. Comodo is well aware of what the users want to see, but ultimately Comodo is a business and needs to make tough decisions based on many more factors than just the wants of the users.
Thanks Heffe. Got it and share it.

For me, otherwise, it's a little deception to be in Microsoft's hands... Who are we, users, to get anything for a big company like Comodo? But who are we to get it from the giant Microsoft? :'(
It's disappointing for me. I've struggle with all my strengths to defend this technology... but, of course, I'm a drop in the ocean...
avast! team member

Offline SivaSuresh

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Avert the danger that has not yet come
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
A better user voting means a strong desire of the users for the requirement of the product. This does really make the developers/Company rethink, before they take any big decision. So, please continue voting, although the decision is always of Comodo, we can make them reconsider before taking any decision.
with love Siva Suresh
|| Windows7 x64 | CIS 10 | Firefox | Thunderbird | CCleaner | Evernote | PStart | UltraCopier | Dropbox | TeamViewer | Screenshot Captor ||
|| AMD Phenom II x4 955B | ASUS M4A88TD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 240GB Sandisk SSD  || 6TB SATA II HDD 6Gb/s

Offline Valentin N

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Usability Study Group
    • My homepage at the moment
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »
I don't want to know how much Comodo paid for the codes and I think they should give those code their value by continuing developing it!

Keep it up Comodo

CEVPN: Valentin N

CIS 6.3

Keep CTM alive by voting

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
A better user voting means a strong desire of the users for the requirement of the product. This does really make the developers/Company rethink, before they take any big decision. So, please continue voting, although the decision is always of Comodo, we can make them reconsider before taking any decision.
+1 Thanks
avast! team member

Offline canetinhas

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2011, 03:34:19 AM »
my vote too

Offline TerryWood

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
Hi

I think if you look objectively at the development trajectory of Comodo Time Machine. It has certainly not been "lift off". Indeed, it has taken a long time and acquired derision status in many quarters. Here, I am talking about those who have had their hard drive trashed. Others are happy. Many sit on the fence.

I think Melih is a fast talker, glib and a wee bit not as open as I think I would wish. Forget the fact that he is waiting for Microsoft. If his product were so good ( As Comodo Firewall/Internet Suite) then it would survive in any event. Comodo Firewall/Internet Suite I will not move from because it is an acknowledged market leader, and free.

Comodo Time Machine, has been a series of foul ups. Not everyone can use it. That is not good product development.

It's probably right that Comodo should drop Time Machine, if they do not have the skills to develop it. But hiding behind Microsoft is pretty puerile.

Not every developer gets it right everytime. Comodo seems pretty bad at admitting they are up a gum tree.

Finally, in my view Comodo is a one product company which I mentioned earlier. It is terrific. From then on it has been eyes bigger than belly.

Terry

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »
TerryWood, you've got your points. Thank you.
Other points I've left to Comodo team or Melih.
avast! team member

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek