Poll

Which CTM have you installed? Any probs you faced?

CTM 2.8 Stable
8 (61.5%)
CTM 2.9 Beta
2 (15.4%)
Both
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: CTM Poll  (Read 21614 times)

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
Re: CTM Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »
I've used both with no problems, but choose to use 2.8 because 2.9 takes an incredibly long time to restore a snapshot, even if the change between snapshots is quite small.

Did you used CTM 2.8 on Win 7 64?

Currently have it installed?

Offline HeffeD

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »
Win XP 32bit.

No, it's not currently installed because I'm anxiously awaiting the beta release of version 3. :)

Offline Paul54-Roffo

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 04:51:25 AM »
I have been running 2.8...178 for two weeks now without any problems

I can not install 2.9 no matter what I do the MBR hook will just not install.

I reverted back in 2.8 to my baseline uninstalled 2.8 then the computer rebooted.

I then turned off the computer and turned it on with a fresh boot.

Installed the 2.9 but the MBR hook will just not install then I reboot and its gone.

I have tried this three times so far but the same think happens every time.

Any ideas anyone ?
Software Tester

Offline Tech

• Usability Study Member
  • Comodo's Hero
avast! team member
Save freeware snapshot technology of Comodo Time Machine. Vote!

Offline Jimmmy2

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »
     I have win 7 home premium 64bit with CTM 2.8.     I use a USB flash for important files( they are about 1$ per Gig nowadays.)   I have experimented the heck out of my coputer, beta testing anti virus from different makers, beta testing browsers, malware games.  CTM saves me sooo many times. 
        The only frieghtning thing about it is when you are uninstalling  LET IT FINISH. This is when the unbootable pc troubles were reported.   
       CTM 2.9 was a bad experience for me. Taking a 3 min process to an 1 hour one is a HUGE downgrade. I heard it uses linux on a seperate sector. The report on it was that it was better at driver state maintaining. I had a blinking and slow to move mouse during everyday use with 2.9 though it was not doing anything. Maybe the maintaining was overloading the CPU, I didn't like the added benifit at that cost. Or I had other malware and CTM took the blame. But the slow reinstalls is all 2.9.   CTM 2.8 quick reinstalls and no blinking mouse.

Offline rocky

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
2.8 on production machine for a long time without a problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. Only use on C Drive. Win. 7 x86. Come to trust it completely.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek