COMODO Time Machine Wishlist

Hi Guys,

Please put your wishes here. :slight_smile:

Please add an option into ‘Program Settings / Program Appearance’ which would allow to always show the GUI in ‘Advanced’ mode.

Also, please fix the GUI so that it could be properly displayed on systems using 120 DPI (rather than default 96 DPI).

I’ve said it before many times and I’ll say it again to all of the Comodo developers and QA:

Test with 120 DPI - very simple and easy to do.

No reason why these kind of problems need to be present in a final product.

Al

could it support multi-OS with 2 OR 3 primary partition in the future?

Please add a checked box option to the Settings whereby missed scheduled tasks are run automatically when the computer starts up or comes out of stand-by.

Also, the option to add a CTM scheduled task to Windows Task Scheduler.

Thank you.

Since CTM doesn’t do imaging.
How about some type of remote storage in case, there’s a drive failure.

Make it so that Defraggers and Chkdsk are able to be used without problems.

I do have one more wish. I got this idea when restoring back in time

While the snapshot, keeps things the way they were. It should let the anti-virus database update in the snap shot. That way, when you go back in time, Everything will go back to the way it was except the anti-virus defenitions

1. There would be less load from the update servers
  2. People with dial-up will be happy (less complaints)
  3. comodo would save money and bandwith by not having people needing to re-download over again

You can do this already by excluding the folder containing the AV DB. :wink:

Some people might want to back up the whole system including updates to anti-virus just in case where something goes wrong. IMHO it should stay the way it is now, if someone wants to keep current virus database then he/she can synchronize the file before restoring snapshot or add it to exclusion list.

Support for Linux so I (and others) can install CTM for use with Windows XP partitions.

:slight_smile:

Synchronisation of folders/files occurs AFTER snapshot restore has completed, not before. If it was synced BEFORE restoration, the restoration would then overwrite the supposedly sync’ed folders/files.

As I understand it, the selected snapshot is restored and then the sync’ed folders/files are overlaid from the latest snapshot (the one containing the newest iteration of the folders/files).

Ewen :slight_smile:

You’re right. My mistake.

Raid 0 support. Shouldn’t be too hard to make because with some raid chipsets CTM runs without any flaws if you force installation.

+1

+1

I’d like to see an option to backup and restore the MBR of the disks that CTM is installed on.

This would help users where a utility “fixes” the MBR, thereby killing CTM. This function could be added by using code segments from Comodo Backup V2 which can do an MBR backup.

When restoring, it would need to do what the CTM installer does - backup the existing MBR to an alternate location on track 0 before restoring the CTM specific MBR.

I'd like to see an option to backup and restore the MBR of the disks that CTM is installed on.

This would help users where a utility “fixes” the MBR, thereby killing CTM. This function could be added by using code segments from Comodo Backup V2 which can do an MBR backup.

When restoring, it would need to do what the CTM installer does - backup the existing MBR to an alternate location on track 0 before restoring the CTM specific MBR.

cool idea :slight_smile:

+2 :-TU

Allow CTM to use CAV to run a boot-time scan, if user is using CAV as part of CIS.

1. The ability to create an disk image.

2. A boot CD just in case anything goes wrong.
    2.1 The CD should be able to create and restore an image on its own (and not use the installed version if that is not working)

3. The ability to copy to a remote location (again an disk image would be great).

+1

This would make this an excellent program… I would also like to be able to choose whether or not ctm becomes part of the master boot record…